Originally Posted by egnew
I have been using version 15 for about a week now. It has occasionally crashed without any warning or messages. Today, it often "freezes".

The freeze occurs when I have a syntax error in my SQL and click run. It takes a minute or two before I get the Error window. The status bar says "Initializing..." the entire time. When the error window appears, the status bar says "Executing...". When I click OK on the error, it takes another minute or two before the "spinning wheel" cursor goes away so I can do anything in PL/SQL Developer. The status bar continues to say "Executing..." during this wait.

Windows 11 was updated last night and that update may be related to the problem.

I now have similar freeze behaviour in Pl/SQL Developer, where the terms "initializing...", "executing..." are what I now get and not sure if PLS update or windows 11 update the cause. I have Windows 11 as well and usually update when updates are available. I notice the hangs mostly when changing the connection from DEV(12.2) to ACC or PRD(19c r2). Sometimes it helps when I click in the PLS application window. Often PLS crashes as well when the freeze occurs.

Certainty of death, small chance of succes,
What are we waiting for... (Gimly)