PuTTY is great. It's what I use. I also use MTPuTTY as a wrapper so there are multiple tabs and I can easily switch between multiple UNIX logins. In the past, I've also added an X-server to Windows to be able to run Oracle Reports on UNIX. All of that took time to research and set up. The X-Server took me lots of time to figure out and half a day to install (maybe others are faster than me!). I didn't bother with an X-Server on my new PC since reports are rare and I can do it on Windows.

I haven't used Macs either, so I possibly don't know what I'm talking abut. From what I've seen when I'm at their cubicles though, the terminals for Mac look very polished and have tabs built in. I know that in Linux, the X-Server is built in so X-Windows apps work without needing to add an X-Server. I think (don't know for sure) that Macs have that built in as well.

Anyway, X-Server, tabs, and a polished look. All working without monkeying around. That seems nice to me and that is what I meant when I said that. I also like the virtual desktops that Macs have.

On the other hand, I hear complaints once in a while that the Windows VM crashes and stuff and I'm not totally convinced yet that I should switch.

Last edited by mike; 01/24/14 04:10 PM.