Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I hate to be the one, but we need to hear from allroundautomations.
#53707 07/18/16 08:19 PM
Portland, OR. USA
F
fidelfs Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Portland, OR. USA
I don't like to be the bad guy, but enough is enough.

We have reported too many bugs recently and the only thing we hear is "we will check and fix".

It never happen.

The bugs still there and no action has been taken.

I consider the new version a buggy version. I cannot trust what I am doing, because the tool fails too often.
1. copy and paste,
2. beautifier
3. selection of current query

etc.

I hated but I cannot afford to have wrong values because a tool, I am considering switching to Oracle sql developer until this is fixed.

We need a formal answer from allroundautomations when with a date when this will be fixed.

Enough is enough.

Fidel.

Last edited by fidelfs; 07/18/16 08:20 PM.
Re: I hate to be the one, but we need to hear from allroundautomations.
fidelfs #53713 07/19/16 10:26 AM
1. Copy and paste is fixed in the 64 bit version and will also be fixed in the 32 and 64 bit version of version 12.0.

2. For the beautifier there have been and will be continuous improvements. If you let me know which problem(s) you are experiencing, I will check it out.

3. Can you let me know which problem this refers to?

Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
Marco Kalter #53715 07/19/16 10:20 PM
J
J
[quote=Marco Kalter]1. Copy and paste is fixed in the 64 bit version and will also be fixed in the 32 and 64 bit version of version 12.0...[/quote]

I use the 64 bit version (and just upgraded to 11) so I'm not sure how serious the copy/paste problem is exactly, but ... this kind of sounds like you're going to make people pay to get the fix?

Jeff Kandt #53720 07/20/16 08:52 AM
[quote=Jeff Kandt]I use the 64 bit version (and just upgraded to 11) so I'm not sure how serious the copy/paste problem is exactly, but ... this kind of sounds like you're going to make people pay to get the fix? [/quote]
We only have a 64 bit version for version 11. It is available to all owners of an 11.0 license without any extra costs.

Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
Marco Kalter #53725 07/20/16 08:24 PM
Portland, OR. USA
F
fidelfs Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Portland, OR. USA
Problems with copy and paste continue and I have version 11.0.6.1796 64 bit.

It is a mix between copy and paste and selection of current statement.

The sql window allows me to create multiple queries. Let's say 3 different queries.

I have the profile option to autoselect, so I know I have to just place the cursor over the query that I want to execute.

One of those queries is not detected by the autoselect and the previous query keep firing. It shows different results because it is a different query.

I select all 3 queries and click copy, move to another editor and paste. Only the queries that were able to autoselect are copied to the other editor. It could be notepad, textpad, notepad++, and even another editor within pl/sql developer such as "Program window".

If I save the select window, only 2 queries are saved.

It looks like one query is a ghost.

It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens often to create problems.

I also posted several weeks back that the instance list of value (signon prompt when pl/sql developer is just launched) is always empty.

This happen after the 64 bit free version went from beta to production version.

We have a high number of instances and it is hard to remember all the names.

Another bug:
I shutdown my computer every day.
I have the option to auto save my environment, so all the saved programs, sql editor, etch will be the next day.

Some days that doesn't happen, I open a empty pl/slq developer without any program open, even the toolbar defaults to the original (2 rows, instead of 1 like I setup the tool to have it).

The next day, it goes back as I had it. All the programs open the very next day and the toolbar goes back how I set up.

I don't change the toolbar every time, because I know the next day it will come back how I had it.

It acts random, and I cannot predict when this will happen.

If I try to sign in using a new instance (relaunching the tool), sometimes it asks me for the password for the new instance, then the sign on goes gray.
Then it comes back with the original instance (not the one that I am trying to connect) and asks me for the password.
So I know I won't be able to connect to the new instance. I have to log in, then I know I have to change the instance in each window.
This doesn't happen every day, it happens random.
Some days it goes straight to instance that I am trying to connect.

When this happen it goes together with the problem with a new empty environment and toolbar switched to the default from pl/sql developer.

I have so many other issues, that I will create a long list and I will paste it here.

I have to be vigilant to know where the tool is taking me, because I don't trust it. I could provide values from different queries or different instances. It is a big problem.

fidelfs #53726 07/20/16 10:13 PM
J
J
Have you considered downgrading or switching to the 32-bit client?

fidelfs #53727 07/21/16 03:11 AM
UTC+10
I
I
UTC+10
I use PLD 11.0.6 x64 rather heavily but I never met the problems that you described.

There's has to be something with you environment.

IvanZ #53729 07/21/16 02:41 PM
Portland, OR. USA
F
fidelfs Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Portland, OR. USA
@IvanZ I thought so, but I am not the only one with those problems.

Not everyone has them, but they have been reported and some people share them.
I am in USA and some are in Europe different companies, so we are spread far enough to discard any local environment.

fidelfs #53730 07/21/16 02:47 PM
Portland, OR. USA
F
fidelfs Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Portland, OR. USA
These a list of some bugs reported by me or I have participated.

-- Version 11: Copy and Paste Doesn't Work. Help Please

-- The database list on the logon screen is always empty

-- Getting (Not Logged on)

-- Copy&Paste/Syntax Hihlighting Bug

They have not been resolved by Allroundaoutomations, only they have not been followed up by them.

There are more issues like those, that I have not posted or commented. I shared some others people issues, but I haven't commented.

Fidel

fidelfs #53731 07/21/16 05:08 PM
W
W
Since I switched to the 64bit version, all of my copy and paste problems went away. If you still have problems, check whether you have "clipboard monitor"-type programs running, or have Microsoft Office open since it also likes to monitor the clipboard.

The login screen may be empty because your tnsnames.ora is empty? Be aware that the 32bit version and 64bit version use different Oracle Clients and so use different paths. Opening "Help->Support Info" from the PLD menu can be very helpful in figuring this out.

If you have any problems that you can reproduce with a fixed number of steps ("open PLD", "click here", "type this") then post it here and many other users will try to reproduce the problem as well. If that happens there's a great chance the bug will get fixed.

I do agree that "Allroundautomations" has a poor track record of responding to forum posts here, especially once threads get longer than a comment or two. However I just assume that any time they're not posting comments they're actually working on fixing bugs. And I'd rather have them fix bugs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  support 

Link Copied to Clipboard