Retrieving SQL statement after execution
#6255 04/03/04 06:29 AM
San Antonio, TX
H
Hawkeye Offline OP
OP Offline
H
San Antonio, TX
I am using ReportBuilder as the report tool in my application. On many Report Filter screens, the user can set a variety of parameters that they want to limit the report by. In the TOracleDataSet I have several variable set up and in the code I use the .SetVariable method to set the variable.

If I step through the app I can get the SQL statement (using Debug - Evaluate/Modify) but it has not translated the variables. For example what I see is
Select * from mytable
where mycol = :VAR_MYCOL

What I would like to be able to do is see the SQL statement after the translation has occured so what I would see is
Select * from mytable
where mycol = 'CAT'

I am trying to debug a complex report that was written by a person no longer at the company and they are using 6 Substitution variables along with 8 standard string or number variables.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Richard Anderson

Re: Retrieving SQL statement after execution
#6256 04/05/04 10:12 PM
For debugging purposes you can use the Oracle Monitor. It displays/logs all executed SQL, including the variable values.

Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
Re: Retrieving SQL statement after execution
#6257 04/05/04 10:40 PM
San Antonio, TX
H
Hawkeye Offline OP
OP Offline
H
San Antonio, TX
Marco,

Thanks for the reply. I've enabled the OracleMonitor (we only have the Lite version) and it has helped immensly. Now, to convince the powers that be to purchase the full up version of OracleMonitor and also the PL*SQL development tools. I guess I can contact the sales folks to get a price on the upgrade.

Again thanks for the help
Rick Anderson

Moderated by  support 

Link Copied to Clipboard