Print Thread
What I like so far and what I'm still looking for
#65441 02/28/24 10:45 PM
Hazerswoude-Dorp, NL
koja Offline OP
OP Offline
Hazerswoude-Dorp, NL
Installed Plyxon at while back and now upgraded to the latest beta. I have a windows laptop, but like the fresh take on PL/SQL development! Want to share my thoughts so far and what I'm still looking for, but I'm quite enthusiastic already!:
What I like already:
+ The responsive and fast interface!
+ The clean interface with buttons and functions just where you need them
+ The instant dark mode plyxon inherits from my os settings
+ Selects from the query window presented in a list. (Would like to suggest to put the driving tablename in the list though, instead of select *...)
+ I like the Files option just like PL/SQL Developer
+ and probably a lot more that I've not discovered yet...

What I miss most from PL/SQL Developer:
* Projects; I have to switch tasks frequently and projects really helps me to switch to another topic with all required files fast.
* Tools like: explain plan, sessions, compile Invalid objects, import, export, compare, event monitor, self defined tools, documents, ...
* I Always found the Oracle help integration in PL/SQL developer useful
* configurable Web searches
* profile and trace reports in debug
* lots of features that you mostly miss when really start working with something else

What I'm looking for:
* I hope the Plyxon take on editing will take things a bit further. Block editing of course, and an option to ctrl-click on words (identifiers) in a code and then align them all at once. * Regular expressions in find and replace, oracle syntax or posix fi.
* An option to select favorite Schemas and an option to toggle between all / favorites.
* recompile schema / recompile all option in the object browser.
* support for pl/scope
* support for ords

Last edited by koja; 02/28/24 11:03 PM.

Certainty of death, small chance of succes,
What are we waiting for... (Gimly)
Re: What I like so far and what I'm still looking for
koja #65446 02/29/24 12:41 PM
Thank you for your feedback. Version 1.0 focuses on the essentials. Future versions will add many of the features you are looking for.

Marco Kalter
Allround Automations

Link Copied to Clipboard