Print Thread
Problem with application window, unable to minimize.
#56061 03/06/17 01:59 PM
Sweden
J
jaw Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Sweden
Hi,

Having just upgraded to a new machine running Windows 10 I thought this was the time to also upgrade to PL/SQL Dev v12.

Unfortunately I ran into a bug fairly quickly. I often work from different locations, and keep my normal machine running on my work desk, and use remote desktop to connect to it remotely.

Unfortunately PL/SQL developer does not seem to be have properly when the screen is resized. I know earlier versions had issues with this also, but now it feels worse. After one or two resizes, the minimize button stops working. You can click it all you want, but PL/SQL Developer still stays full screen.

It would be great if this issue could be fixed.

Thank you,
jaw

Re: Problem with application window, unable to minimize.
jaw #56067 03/06/17 08:36 PM
D
D
I have run into that on all developer versions. I always just restarted developer when it happens. I think it happens when you remote desktop to your machine already running developer and the screen size is different (i.e. your remote desktop has to change its size to display on your monitor).

Thanks,
Doug

Doug #56074 03/07/17 09:43 PM
Ontario, Canada
Ontario, Canada
It doesn't need to be on a remote machine.
My setup is laptop + dock (Those so called "Dock" Dell Display Link that you plug with USB 3...) . Due to its size, laptop screen is setup with higher DPI than the other - regular 27 inches screen. (Causing a window you move from one screen to another to resize)

Today my dock did crash - PL/SQL developer was open and was maximized on my middle (27") screen. Due to the dock crash, I have to unplug/replug it. it cause display to resync, disabling the extra screens, and so moving automatically all windows to the main, laptop screen.

As a result, PL/SQL Developer also resized as it get forcefully moved to the laptop screen... And loose the overall interface, including title bar, minimize button, close button and everything. Only the open "tabs" (Single Document mode) stands in the middle. Everything else is grey.

Seems that is happen regardless the reason the windows get forcefully resized. Remote or laptop screen switch. I would suspect that a resolution change over a maximized windows would have a similar effect.

Windows 8.1 64 bits, and PL/SQL Developer 12.0.1.1814 also 64 bits, for my config.

Last edited by Nicolas D.; 03/07/17 09:46 PM.
Nicolas D. #56077 03/08/17 02:19 PM
Akron, OH, USA
Akron, OH, USA
Happens to me, too, usually after I undock and redock my laptop.

Moderated by  support 

Link Copied to Clipboard