When editing, pressing Tab enters two spaces no matter where the cursor is. I would prefer to be able to indent using tabs. But when forced to use spaces I would like to see the program insert the number of spaces necessary to get to the next "tab stop".

The program seems to convert all tabs it encounters to spaces without a way to turn this off. Hopefully tab characters will be supported in the future.

When viewing a package (right-click Edit an existing package) that contains tabs when using the Consolas font, things don't look right:
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Strangely, when I open the same code from a file (Open SQL File) everything does look right:
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Version 0.9.1.510 (64 bit) on Windows 10
When editing, pressing Tab enters two spaces no matter where the cursor is. I would prefer to be able to indent using tabs. But when forced to use spaces I would like to see the program insert the number of spaces necessary to get to the next "tab stop".
This is a bug. We'll fix it.
When viewing a package (right-click Edit an existing package) that contains tabs when using the Consolas font, things don't look right:
We'll fix that too!
The second part seems to be fixed, but the first part is still happening in (I think) Alpha 5 (0.9.4.540).

Also, because of Plyxon's behavior to replace *all* tabs with spaces, I can't actually use this program. I have a codebase that is shared with other people and replacing all tabs with spaces would not go over well. I hope that this is just an "early alpha" problem and that normal support for tab characters will be added. Until then I'm happily using PL/SQL Developer.
The tab size is indeed not yet working. We'll take another look!
Personally I think Plyxon could be an opportunity to drop the tab character for good. In 30 years of Oracle development I have only ever seen it used accidentally, by developers who didn't bother to disable some setting and end up entering a random mix of tabs and spaces, messing up their layout for the rest of the team. But if you must support this editor trap, at least make it a non-default option and have a simple way to make tab characters visible.
The tab positioning has been fixed for the next alpha. By default Plyxon will only use spaces when using the tab key. In the next alpha you can however also choose to save with tab characters.
I also have similar problems. Some part of text not appearing. But when I select some part of text or scroll grid some part of text appearing.
I see this bugs in code, data grid and dbms output.
Two examples in attachment.

Attached picture 2023-12-20_12-09.jpg
Attached picture 2023-12-22_11-48.jpg
Is this in the editor or in the grid? Can you let me know which Editor Font Name and Font Size you are using? Can you also let me know your OS?
First screenshot is from grid.
Second from dbms output.
I saw similar problem with code, but i don't have a screenshot.
Plyxon config:
[Linked Image]
Os info:
[Linked Image]

Attached picture 2023-12-26_20-26.jpg
Attached picture 2023-12-26_20-23.jpg
Thanks. We'll investigate.
We have tested this on Ubuntu 23.10, in dark mode, with various display scaling options, and it seems to work fine.

Can you send a screenshot of your Ubuntu Display Settings?
Info from Plyxon Support info:

System
------
Ubuntu 23.10
Language ID:
Scale: 100%
Resolution: 4480 x 1550
Displays: 2
Display 1: 100% 2560 x 1440
Display 2: 100% 1920 x 1080

Detailed info from Ubuntu config and Nvidia settings in attachments.

Attached picture 2023-12-28_12-14.jpg
Attached picture 2023-12-28_12-15.jpg
Attached picture 2023-12-28_12-18.jpg
Attached picture 2023-12-28_12-18_1.jpg
Probably it's related with Polish diacritics chars. For me this query returns:

select 'testłóśńęółńł' from dual

[Linked Image]

Attached picture 2023-12-28_16-11.jpg
Okay. Can you send me a screenshot of your Oracle preference page as well?
Support info: NLS_LANG: POLISH_POLAND.AL32UTF8

Screen from Preferences -> Oracle:
[Linked Image]

Attached picture 2023-12-29_10-47.jpg
© Allround Automations forums