Posted By: Gustavo PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/18/09 07:38 PM
12 days to go! laugh
Posted By: Wim Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/19/09 07:54 AM
11 smile
Posted By: orca777 Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/19/09 01:58 PM
10.5 ;-)
/Karl
Posted By: mamv Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/20/09 10:01 PM
They are going to make us suffer untill the last day smile
Posted By: rbrooker Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/21/09 08:56 PM
does it help if i am in new zealand? i am a day ahead of most of the world...
Posted By: Bernhard S Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/22/09 09:02 AM
8 days left smile
Here's the sql for it:
Code
select today, end_quarter2, ( end_quarter2 - today ) as days_to_go from
  (select trunc(sysdate) today, to_date('30.06.2009','DD.MM.YYYY') end_quarter2
     from dual);
Posted By: orca777 Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/22/09 11:12 AM
Still 8!!!

Code
SQL> 
SELECT Today
      ,End_Quarter2
      ,(End_Quarter2 - Today) AS Days_To_Go
  FROM (SELECT Trunc(SYSDATE) Today
              ,To_Date('30.06.2009'
                      ,'DD.MM.YYYY') End_Quarter2
          FROM Dual);

TODAY       END_QUARTER2 DAYS_TO_GO
----------- ------------ ----------
22.06.2009  30.06.2009            8

SQL> 
/Karl
Posted By: orca777 Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/23/09 07:09 AM
7 !!!
:-)
Posted By: Wim Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/23/09 12:41 PM
Code
June 19, 2009
Direct Oracle Access 4.1.2 for Delphi 2009 and C++Builder 2009 released

If the release schedule of the 2 products is closely related then it shouldn't be much longer ...
Posted By: Gustavo Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/24/09 03:30 PM
6!!! Less than one week to go! laugh
Posted By: orca777 Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/25/09 08:36 AM
5 !!!
Posted By: Gustavo Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/26/09 08:14 PM
4 !!!
Posted By: mamv Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/29/09 09:13 AM
1 to go...

Common guys, I can't sleep at night smile.
Posted By: orca777 Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/29/09 11:54 AM
still 1 to go
/Karl
Posted By: taka Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/30/09 02:19 AM
Now. We can access ...
http://www.allroundautomations.com/plsqldev80.html

But, there isn't any topic.
Posted By: orca777 Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/30/09 12:13 PM
0!

Countdown completed!
/Karl
0 days to go. You can download a preview version here. Note that this is a preview version only, and that a formal beta version will be available in July.
Posted By: Worker Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/30/09 02:47 PM
Given that you don't want any feedback on this, I'm assuming this is 100% just to make us happy. So thank you! (It worked. I'm happy grin)
Posted By: Gustavo Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 06/30/09 08:13 PM
And with a New Features list! Perfect! I'm happy too!!! laugh
Posted By: orca777 Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 07/01/09 07:55 AM
Thank you very much!!!
/Karl
Posted By: Benjamin L Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 07/01/09 09:44 AM
Hi Marco,

where can bugs be posted? here?

i do so smile

Search Function in Recall Statement is not available
The disclaimer for the alpha version says that we should wait to report errors until the beta version is released, but I encountered a 'feature', that can easily be fixed, so here goes anyway:

We have enabled PL/SQL compiler warnings for our database instance.
When compiling objects, I got errors in the compilation of package bodies caused by the error "PLS-05005: function XYZ returns without value at line NNN".

This error can be removed by going into the Preferences screen, Compiler section and under PL/SQL Warning remove the action called Error (shipped with value Severe). This will make the packages compile again.

BTW, thanks to PL/SQL Developer to make these settings configurable ...

BTW II: Marco, will you make a dedicated beta tester forum like when version 7.1 was released?
Posted By: Worker Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 07/01/09 04:04 PM
[quote=Claus Pedersen]I got errors in the compilation of package bodies caused by the error "PLS-05005: function XYZ returns without value at line NNN".[/quote]
Is the error incorrect? It seems that this error would be caused when a FUNCTION has a RETURN statement without a value.

[quote=Claus Pedersen]BTW II: Marco, will you make a dedicated beta tester forum like when version 7.1 was released? [/quote]
Yes there will be. From the features list:
[quote]The Beta version will have a special forum like always to report issues.[/quote]
Posted By: PeterW Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 07/02/09 06:14 AM
[quote=Worker]Is the error incorrect? It seems that this error would be caused when a FUNCTION has a RETURN statement without a value.[/quote]
Yes, it can be incorrect. It occurs for example when there's no RETURN statement in the EXCEPTION block.
After working with the alpha over the past few days, I must say I feel.... underwhelmed. I was expecting a major change [like we got from v6 to v7] with extensively new features. This feels more like just a little spit and polish.

I am an everyday user, and I must admit that I don't use most of the advanced features of plsqldev. I have noticed the code assistant "feels" faster, but I haven't noticed any other major changes.

plsqldev still quasi-randomly steals my focus and leaves child windows on top of other applications when it's busy. I have a horribly unfunctional firewall which terminates sessions after 15 minutes of inactivity, and plsqldev does not cope well with that. I get to watch the app relog in several times a day [which is quite painful on my slow connection].

However, it's still better [even if only slightly] than raptor. I can't say how long that will last given the rate at which raptor is improving.

Posted By: orca777 Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 07/10/09 06:31 AM
I share the impression - the change from v6 to v7 was a remarkable greater one

/Karl
Posted By: Kirurgs Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 07/10/09 07:47 AM
Well, to me it seems ok. It seems it's more productive, thanks to window pinning, object browser enhancements, etc.
I like the countdown seconds when executing a query, it feels faster somehow...

There are couple things to improve productivity:
a) I don't like forward declarations of procedures/functions to be on the procedure tree in package editor window, please make that configurable (I remember was it 5th or 6th version where it was ok, no forward declarations).
b) partition support is not good, no dedicated info about partition/subpartition
c) it really would be good to scroll down to line after pressing first letter of column in describe windows (now if you have 100 cols and press "z" it doesn't go to column starting with "z", however it selects it)
d) can You make dragging a column from result set to window in SQL Window will paste it's name there

Just my opinion, but somehow this is more release +1 than version +1 smile
We have released a 2nd alpha with several fixes an an up-to-date User's Guide in PDF format.
Posted By: orca777 Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 07/21/09 02:48 PM
Thank You Marco!
/Karl
Posted By: youngBull Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 07/22/09 02:32 AM
When i click Objects->jobs show:
Properties of SYS.AUTO_SPACE_ADVISOR_JOB not available
Properties of SYS.FGR$AUTOPURGE_JOB not available
Properties of SYS.GATHER_STATS_JOB not available
Properties of SYS.PURGE_LOG not available

And my jobs not show. Why?
Posted By: Kirurgs Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 07/22/09 08:11 AM
Does anyone expierence stability problems with Alpha2? I ran PLSQLDev A2 once and it worked, I closed it and I can't get it to run second time frown
Debug.txt doesn't contain any clue what's wrong (for me at lest)... Alpha1 (reinstalled over A2) works fine...
Consider this as a question only as I'm running it under Wine in Linux, so my debug output probabaly will not be considered as useful smile
Posted By: RobertK Connection Problem - 07/26/09 06:54 AM
Alpha2 does not seem to work with Instant Client.
I have no Oracle Home. Been using Instant Client for a while.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rbrooker Re: Connection Problem - 07/27/09 09:25 PM
it works with instant client for me...
Posted By: DLGL Re: Connection Problem - 07/28/09 06:47 PM
Pl/Sql Alpha 8:

Just installed it a few hours ago...

Ok looks the same as 7, but I really like new enhancements:
- Browser auto hide
- Browser objects find
- Files browser
- Wait time in sql window with sound for long queries.
- Beautifier enhancements

Can't wait to use production version....
Posted By: RobertK Re: Connection Problem - 07/28/09 06:53 PM
OK, never mind. PLD requires the full path of the OCI DLL. I only specified the directory earlier.
When will the beta version be released?

And when will the beta tester forum be opened?

The issues seems to pile up in this post, and that can not be intentional.

I have one issue, though. I have switched on the option "Show variable and type declarations in a popup". This works great, thanks, but there is a tiny inconvenience: when the popup is shown at a line near the bottom of the screen (for instance showing a cursor declaration that extends over several lines), the bottom lines are truncated.
Posted By: youngBull Re: PLSD 8 within 2nd quarter - Countdown - 07/30/09 03:33 AM
up
I know we've been asked to refrain from comments/bugreports etc. until the release of Beta8 and the subsequent opening of the 'beta forum', but I still would like to comment on one of the new features of the editor, i.e. autoindent. The following piece of code was written using autoindent:

Code
PROCEDURE demo
  IS
  <declarations>
  BEGIN
    IF
      THEN
        <CODE>
        FOR <iterator>
          LOOP
            <CODE>
            END LOOP;
            END IF;
            END;

I don't think it is logical for 'IF/THEN' 'FOR/LOOP' constructs to autoindent on both keywords. These 'coupled keywords' (for want of a better description) should be treated as one keyword (leaving aside that in my opinion 'IS' should not be considered for autoindentation).

Furthermore I'd like to suggest that autoindent is combined with auto-unindent so that
Code
   IF
   THEN
     <code>
     END IF;<cursor position>
after hitting 'enter', would change into
Code
   IF
   THEN
     <code>
   END IF;
   <cursor position>

Then the first sample code block, using the same keystrokes would look like this
Code
PROCEDURE demo
IS
<declarations>
BEGIN
  IF
  THEN
    <CODE>
    FOR <iterator>
    LOOP
      <CODE>
    END LOOP;
  END IF;
END;

Just my two cents (and looking forward to beta8)
[quote]I don't think it is logical for 'IF/THEN' 'FOR/LOOP' constructs to autoindent on both keywords. These 'coupled keywords' (for want of a better description) should be treated as one keyword (leaving aside that in my opinion 'IS' should not be considered for autoindentation).[/quote]
Note that you can edit the SmartIndent.txt file to match your coding style.

[quote]Furthermore I'd like to suggest that autoindent is combined with auto-unindent so that[/quote]
I have added this to the list of enhancement requests.
[quote]
Note that you can edit the SmartIndent.txt file to match your coding style.
[/quote]

Indeed, that fixes (part of) the problem.
© Allround Automations forums