Posted By: faq FAQ: PLS-00801 when compiling a program unit - 01/28/03 11:48 PM
I
PLS-00801 is by definition an Oracle Server bug. In situations where a compilation works correctly in SQL*Plus, the problem is most likely related to debug information. To work around this, you can disable the debugger preference
Just happened to me the same thing!
To add another detail to the picture:
My package compiles without problem (even
with debug info) under 8.1.7
Porting it into 9.2 raises the error.
So it seems something changed in the
debug api between these two versions?
PLS-00801 is by definition an Oracle Server bug, and therefore it may well be that the problem occurs in one version and not in the other. Even if the problematic version is newer.

------------------
Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
I cannot add debug info (right click - add debug) to my package because it returns with an error saying the package compiled with errors and marks the package as unusable. I am running Oracle 9.2 and client 9.2. It works fine in 8.1.7.
Could this be because PL/SQL under 8.x was more forgiving? We ran into a case where a package that compiled under 8.1.7 broke when moved to 9.2.
All -

We have this same "internal error" problem. It's actually a bug in Oracle9i that has issues around using cursor%rowtype variables. Oracle said it will not be fixed until the next patch... in February. The work around is to define your cursor in the package specification instead of somewhere in the package body. Yes, this is not the best coding technique, but it allows us to upgrade to 9i now!

- Tim
We have had similar problems with 9i when packages contains new/ unknown/ changed objects due to a mixed up script.
It appears also in SQLPlus.
© Allround Automations forums