Hello there,

I am using PLSQL developer 12.1.

The user ID that I used to connect to the database has created a timeout after a specified idle time.

Is there any setting or option to avoid such session timeouts in PLSQL developer?

Thanks.
You can go to Preferences > Oracle > Connection and enable the "Check connection" and "Check all sessions" options. Now PL/SQL Developer will check once per minute if the session is still working, which will also act as a keep-alive.
Thanks for your response.

I see "Check Connection" checkbox and I have it enabled. But then I dont have "Check all sections". But still my session is getting timeout.

Please note: I am using PLSQL Developer 12.1.
Ah, PL/SQL Developer 12 does indeed not have the "Check all sections" option. You would need to try the latest version for this.
I have both checked in the latest release 15 version, but the issue with sessions going in a kind of sleep state for other database connections remain. I have some windows connected to our Development database and some to Acceptance and Production. After working for a while in the Development database (say 10 minutes) the ACC and PRD windows are in a kind of frozen state and it takes more then a minute before those windows are responsive again...
© Allround Automations forums