Have seen no reactions anymore in the previous freeze thread so decided to create a new thread.

Is there any news about stability / performance fix we may expect? Especially the freezes are really a pain to deal with everyday. Also the "initializing..." when changing tab connection and "executing..." that doesn't go away unless I close the tab. In my experience after that PLS is in an error state, so close and restart required.

Not sure if this is a Windows 11 update incompatibility or an error introduced in a later version of PSD. In both cases it would be nice if this were sorted out. The freezes are quite often and very annoying and have become more frequent in time. I have already scanned all of the forum for tips to improve performance and stability and believe I have applied all I can.

Of the about 7 hours a day I spend using PL/SQL Developer, I may end up at least 20 times, in total 20 minutes waiting because of a freeze, sometimes requiring restart of PLD, which is a waste of time in itself, but also a disturbance in my workflow. Please fix.
We're looking into this.
Thanks Marco! If I can supply anything to help, let me know.
I noticed the same thing. I was just searching the forum for a solution and came across this thread.
I have been using PL/SQL for over two decades.
We recently renewed our license with a new version, but after a few hours of use I was quite disappointed with the new version.
Freezes are very common in the PL/SQL editor. Sometimes it's about delays that are measured in milliseconds, and sometimes it's about few seconds. When using Copy/Paste, it is more than obvious.
I will use older version and wait to see if there will be some fix in new releases.

Version:
15.0.3.2059 (64 bit) on Windows 10
Hello encountered twice today already in version 15.0.3.2059 a screen with:
"PL/SQL Developer 64 bit has tstopped working
A problem cause4d the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program."
With a button: "Close the program" as the only option.
How can this be fixed?
In general version 14 was more stable and better performing as well. If those issues are not fixed son, I feel forced to switch back to the old version again as well.
"When using Copy/Paste, it is more than obvious." ...YEP!
Have installed the latest 15.0.4 version for about a week now and performance / stability seems to have improved a little. Searched the forum again for tips and found a few:
1) disabled the clipboard history. (preferences - editor - clipboard)
2) Setting "None" for Light and Dark Style in configuration at:
user interface - appearance - Color Theme mode of version 15!
I like dark mode and use it for most of my tools
, but performance and stability are far more important to me.

I recently started thinking that maybe energy saving settings of the OS may cause the / some of the performance and stability issues. Anybody found any proof of this? Suggestions what settings to change?

What about the version of the Oracle client installed. Are there differences in stability between versions?

And I found a suggestion in this forum to start all over with the preferences by making note of your changes and then dropping the preference files and start all over...
Makes sense, because for a couple of years now I save my preference files and every time I get a new laptop I just copy those preference files over, changing some paths with find and replace when necessary.
I think, you cannot do anything to improve to UI performance.
I use PL/SQL Developrt for a long time (since versio 6, or 7 maybe????) and the UI performance had a tiny drop in every version change. Not improvement, but a drop. The newer, more complex UI, menus, Ribbons, colored ribbons, themes , and so on.
And I think, it is because the software is written in Delphi, and the Delphi theme handling is not the best (maybe one of the worst frown )
I wonder if updates to threads are still being read by Allround Automation Support / Marco? Never getting a reaction to responses in threads anymore... I know it's summer holiday now, but have this idea for a while already. please prove me wrong, doesn't make sense to start a new thread every time...
@VLevi, computers have become very much faster since then. I suppose that should compensate? And hey if those features compromise security, stability or performance I'd probably prefer a version without... And I'm not saying those things aren't important, because they are, but above 3 are way more important to me.
I have been working with PLSQL Dev since 2005 or so and always showed off with my colleagues when it came to easy of use and performance compared to TOAD/SQLdev. Recently bought and installed v15 and it's a nightmare! I work with large datasets (EBS/HCM Cloud) and can really not afford to wait 5 to 10 seconds after every command. Please get this fixed Allround!

Update: I upgraded from v15.0.3.2059 (64bit) to 15.0.4.2064 (64bit) and the performance improved dramatically! It is back to normal again for me, very happy with that.
"I upgraded from v15.0.3"
I can corfirm, that the UI performance of the 15.0.4 version has useable performance. Not as fluid as it was before, but useable.
As I mentioned before in this thread application performance has improved after the v15.0.4.2064 release. But the issues that I started this thread for have not:
1) freezes are really a pain to deal with everyday.
2) Also the "initializing..." when changing tab connection
3) and "executing..." that doesn't go away unless I close the tab

I have made some suggestions in this thread about windows energy saving settings or oracle client incompatibilities etc being of influence, but have not seen or heard anything about this. Any ideas? Above issues are really frustrating and have been there fore quite a while...
15.0.4.2064 64-bit is still unusable for me. It takes extremely long to open a larger project. While opening that I get a screen "PL/SQL Developer 64 bit is not responding"
When it is finally open and I try to work there I very soon get a screen "PL/SQL Developer 64 has stopped working"
=> I rather stay still with version 14.
© Allround Automations forums