Posted By: AdamG Function Compare to saves always as ANSI - 04/04/23 06:29 AM
Hi,
my database is AL32UTF8, I have in preferences/Files/Format/Encoding -> Always UTF8, but when I use function to compare my edit window to current database source both files ( Editor.pcf and Database.pcf ) are saved with ANSI encoding so I have all characters which are not in my ANSI codepage showed as questionmarks.

Is it a bug, or there is some other setting I am missing?

Regards,
Adam
Posted By: Tichij Re: Function Compare to saves always as ANSI - 04/04/23 06:35 AM
Hi,
How about „preferences/Oracle/Options/Unicode enabled“?
Posted By: AdamG Re: Function Compare to saves always as ANSI - 04/04/23 06:38 AM
That's enabled. I don't have any problems with opening files which are UTF8, typing and compiling the code. All works, and UTF8 characters are not lost. It happens only when files are saved for external comparation.
Which PL/SQL Developer version are you using?
Posted By: AdamG Re: Function Compare to saves always as ANSI - 04/04/23 01:59 PM
PL/SQL Developer
Version 15.0.3.2059 (64 bit)
263.142721 - 10 user license
Service Contract: 2023-06-01
Style: Office Dark
Windows 11 Build 22621
pl-PL(1045)/Polski (Polska)
Posted By: AdamG Re: Function Compare to saves always as ANSI - 04/04/23 02:02 PM
Aditionally I have NLS_LANG=polish_poland.ee8mswin1250 for my ansi codepage to oracle
and in %APPDATA%\PLSQL Developer 15\params.ini i have nls_lang=polish_poland.utf8 to compile in utf8
Can you send me a screenshot of your Preferences > Files > Format page?
Posted By: AdamG Re: Function Compare to saves always as ANSI - 04/07/23 08:34 AM
My preferences attached

Attached picture 9462tCpEDB.png
This seems to work fine. Can you send me a screenshot if the incorrect comparison?
Posted By: AdamG Re: Function Compare to saves always as ANSI - 04/11/23 09:42 AM
I have my package body saved to file and when just after save I use Compare to -> Current file... I have Window.pcf saved as ANSI not UTF-8. See on screenshot

Attached picture GG0OzgWIVs.png
We'll investigate. My guess is that one file has an UTF8-BOM mark, and the other does not have an UTF8-BOM mark. If so, we will fix this.
Posted By: AdamG Re: Function Compare to saves always as ANSI - 04/12/23 12:05 PM
Looks like there was diffrent procedure when file is saved from editor using "Save as" function and when saved for any compare function ( here is some kind of worng and not needed conversion from already UTF8 in edit window to ANSI ). My ukrainian letters are converted to question marks, same when there is wrong NLS_LANG ( which shouldn't be used when dealing with unicode, but that's anoter story )
© Allround Automations forums