Posted By: kcl PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 06/02/22 02:48 PM
There seems to be a 1-2 second lag when I copy any text in any tab on version 15 - any fixes for this?

Debug uploaded.

Attached File
Debug.txt  (1 downloads)
Posted By: Marco Kalter Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 06/03/22 09:16 AM
Does it help if you go to Preferences > User Interface / Editor and disable the "Clipboard History" option?
Posted By: kcl Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 06/03/22 12:10 PM
Hi Marco, i did try that but unfortunately it doesnt improve performance
Posted By: kcl Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 06/06/22 10:46 AM
Marco, I've figured it out, copy paste gets slower with the amount of windows open in the application. Any idea why? My laptop has more than enough memory available to handle it.
Posted By: Heiko12345 Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 06/07/22 11:18 AM
I have already pointed out this problem several times in the beta status:
https://forums.allroundautomations.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=63560#Post63560
Posted By: vlevi Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 06/08/22 07:15 AM
I went back to version 14. The only reason is the slower UI of the 15 frown
Not only the copy/paste, but the whole UI seems to be less responsive for me.
Somehow I feel, that my PC is struggling to draw the user interface. But it is not true, because I have an Intel i5-10400, with 6 cores, 12 threads, and 16GB of memory.
Posted By: kcl Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 06/09/22 07:00 AM
Agreed, I'm running i7, 4 cores and also 16GB of memory - there shouldn't be any lag.
Any comments / ideas ons this Marco?
Posted By: kcl Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 06/13/22 06:57 AM
Marco, any feedback on the performance issues for v15?
Posted By: Worker Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 06/14/22 07:20 PM
This problem has come up in the past. Please take a look at these old threads and see if they provide any new information.
https://forums.allroundautomations.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=52114
https://forums.allroundautomations.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=59418
Posted By: kcl Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 06/17/22 11:20 AM
I've installed 64bit
I've disabled copy history
I've disabled copy font
Performance on v15 is still sluggish
I've disabled the same settings on v14 (32bit) and it still runs way better than v15
Posted By: Worker Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 06/20/22 06:59 PM
Is this related to other programs running at the same time? In the past this happened for me, but only when running PL/SQL D after first opening Excel (or something like that).

If we can give Marco a testcase he can reproduce then this will definitely get fixed.
Posted By: kcl Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 06/29/22 07:36 AM
Hi
Unfortunately the performance is bad with or without other programs running.
With v14 I'm running many other programs without any lag issues.
Posted By: Heiko12345 Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 07/13/22 10:38 AM
The feedback from Allround could be improved. Is the performance problem described comprehensible or reproducible? Is it being worked on or is there no solution? I waste time every day with this annoying 1-2 seconds with every copy.
Posted By: kcl Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 07/13/22 11:22 AM
Easy to reproduce. Open v15, open more than 7 packages (spec and body), try to copy and paste data within one of them.
Posted By: koja Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 07/15/22 02:41 PM
PL/SQL Developer has been having performance issues when many files / windows (in PL/SQL Developer) are opened. Memory used by PL/SQL Developer doesn't grow when opening more windows (according to task manager) which I wouldn't mind one bit as I have plenty of that.

BTW, I cant reproduce copy performance issues even with 20 files opened. One of the things I don't use is the Ribbon or Lint. (Never liked it, I have a wide screen monitor and it uses valuable vertical space. Also I can never find anything on the ribbon.). Don't think I have other settings that could improve this set...
Posted By: superkama Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 08/05/22 11:15 AM
great forum i just found what i was looking for
Posted By: gremonesi Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 08/26/22 08:56 PM
I went back to version 14. The only reason is the slower UI of the 15 frown
Not only the copy/paste, but the whole UI seems to be less responsive for me.
Posted By: Martins Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 09/20/22 07:02 AM
Hello. Our team is using v15 and also experiencing these copy-paste difficulties. Any update on this?
Posted By: jaw Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 11/09/22 02:49 PM
I think I'm seeing same/similar issue. I generate CLOBs with XML data. Opened a result in Large Data Editor window. There is a little bit lag in opening the window, but then I can see the data, the size (about 4,5 MB in this case). One can see it is all loaded in the window. Can scroll down to the end of the text.

I select all and hit Ctrl-C. App freezes. It has now been running one core at 100% for 20+ minutes. I recently updated from 14, and while I noticed a significant delay there also, it was nowhere as close.
Posted By: Martins Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 12/05/22 09:49 AM
Will this problem be addressed somehow? We're struggling with it every day. It's annoying as heck!
Posted By: Heiko12345 Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 01/11/23 03:29 PM
The problem with the very slow copy/paste behaviour also persists in dark mode. In the standard mode (light and dark = <none>) the copy/past performance is much better (as in previous versions). Is there anything that can be improved?
Posted By: kcl Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance - 01/30/23 06:35 AM
Hi all - here is another suggestion where I feel I had some improvement in the app's performance:

1. Make a note of all your preference settings that you've modified.
2. Close PL/SQL-D (make sure you're running 64bit)
3. Move all of the "old" preferences to a backup location: your username directory shouldn't be in the Preference folder anymore:
C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\PLSQL Developer 15\Preferences\<Your Username>
4. Start up PL/SQL-D (it should now start up with the default system preferences)
5. Manually add in your old Preferences or leave it default.

Also remember to do the following:
Disable Clipboard History
Disable Include font style with copy
Under "Object Browser" - ensure that the "Default user selection" is set to CURRENT USER

Another suggestion I see from the previous post, is not to use dark mode - I haven't tried this, but with the above I'm currently running dark mode.
© Allround Automations forums