Posted By: Felix Describe on Context Menu is missing in v15 - 04/18/22 01:17 PM
When I right-click in the SQL-Window and Program window on a table name I am not seeing the Describe anymore.
Posted By: Felix Re: Describe on Context Menu is missing in v15 - 04/18/22 01:30 PM
Also missing from context menu:
View
Edit
Query Data
Edit Data
It has been moved.

https://forums.allroundautomations.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=63778#Post63778

Attached picture 2022-04-18_10h16_57.png
Posted By: Felix Re: Describe on Context Menu is missing in v15 - 04/18/22 02:40 PM
Thanks for the info. I like it, I was just too blind to see it.
the link above shows the option to use InlineObjectMenu command line parameter to enable to work more efficiently
can this be officially documented in the user guide? (as I cannot find it)
Marco's workaround, from the other thread, worked well for me:

"This popup menu had become very long. You can revert to the previous behavior by using the "InlineObjectMenu" parameter. For example:
"C:\Program Files\PLSQL Developer 15 Beta\plsqldev.exe" InlineObjectMenu
You can also add the following line to the Params.ini file in the PL/SQL Developer installation directory:
InlineObjectMenu=1"

Thanks! I didn't know about this.

I agree that the popup menu has become very long and unwieldy though.

Maybe a solution is to break it down into two popup menus:

- first "general" menu is shown, say, when clicking on a new SQL window or in a white space in a window, or if more than one word is highlighted: includes HTML Manuals, Change Window To, Paste, etc.
- second "object specific" menu is shown if clicking on one object name. Doesn't include most of general items. Just Paste, Properties, Describe, Query Data, etc.

(Probably want the paste items on both the menus, for overwriting existing text.)

I've no idea how easy (or not) this would be.

-mobailey
It is necessary to give the opportunity to turn off unnecessary menu items
© Allround Automations forums