Posted By: SaKa Every Ctrl+C cause a hang for a few seconds - 01/15/19 09:40 AM
Hi,
I often edit oracle packages, I double click (to highlight a word) and Ctrl+C to copy to clipboard. It seems every time i press Ctrl+C it seems to hang the application for about 3-4 seconds. Its quite annoying if i want to do 10 copy paste operations , that i have to wait for PLSQLD to become available. Any ideas please?

I am using PLSQLD13 32 bit. The database access isnnot slow, its within intranet.

Thanks
Sak
If you have the PL/SQL Clipboard tool opened, does it help if you close it?
Posted By: SaKa Re: Every Ctrl+C cause a hang for a few seconds - 01/18/19 12:26 PM
Hi,
I tried it both opened and closed and no difference.
Thanks
Sak
Other programs that monitor the clipboard, like Microsoft Office, could be a factor. Does it help if you close all other programs?
I had the exact same problem (but 64bit version).
For me time plsql locked up for after ctrl-C was around 10 seconds.

But in fact Marco Kalter had (for me) the workaround.

Go to settings - User interface - Editor - Clipboard
And DESelect 'Clipboard History'
Then copy is fast again.

Still, would be nice if this gets fixed so the clipboard history can be used without this delay.

I have the same problems with the 64bit version.
The copy command is working well until I start a second instance of PL/SQL Developer.
I mentioned this on the beta forum as well.

Hope you will find the bug.
I have experienced this problem in the past. It first started when the clipboard history feature was added. For me, it seemed to be an interaction with a system-wide clipboard history program that I already use. Since I have that program already, I turned off the built-in one and the problem went away.

I tried turning it back on and it still works okay, so there must be some other factor as well, but I would definitely look at what other programs/utilities are running that interact with the clipboard.

I have also seen that same delay/lag happen in MS Excel on another computer that doesn't even have plsqldev installed. It does have the same system-wide clipboard history program. On that system, the delay in excel goes away when closing the clipboard history program.
I have the same problem (Version 13.0.0.1883 (32 bit)), every CTRL+C hangs plsql developer for 3-6 second. I use Ditto as a cliboard manager, but exits Ditto didn't help. Fortunatelly I can confirm that disabling Clipbord history in settings solved this problem. There must be a bug.
I just disabled Clipboard History in settings as well and the problem is solved. It would hang for about 5 seconds after every copy. Very Annoying! Please Fix!!!
We'll investigate.
what is the final fix for this issue? I am having same problem and it is very annoying.
© Allround Automations forums