Posted By: IncredibleMrT AutoSelect statement - Setting - 08/12/16 09:00 AM
Over the last two updates, I have had an issue with this setting whereby if I have multiple sql statements (terminated by semi-colons) - then no matter which statement has been selected, it will always run the top most query unless I select/highlight the required statement fully and then execute.

The only way I can stop this is to copy the contents of the sql window to a new window and then it seems to work.

Just slows things down a little.
Is there a fix in the pipeline, or something i'm doing wrong? Another setting perhaps?
Thanks
Matt.

--
PL/SQL Developer
Version 11.0.6.1776
01.105297 - 5 user license
Service Contract: 01/01/2019
Windows 7 (64-bit) Build 7601 (Service Pack 1)
Posted By: Marco Kalter Re: AutoSelect statement - Setting - 08/12/16 09:29 AM
What is the setting of your "Auto Select Statement" preference (Tools > Preferences > SQL Window)?
Posted By: IncredibleMrT Re: AutoSelect statement - Setting - 08/12/16 09:42 AM
Hi,
It's ticked.

The problem isn't always there - I can be working quite happily without issue and then all of a sudden it will stop auto selecting.
It doesn't happen to every window, but when it does, it can be almost as soon as I have 2+ queries or it can be after hours of use.
It's like something is clearing the setting within the scope of this one window, or it's just forgetting its set.
Posted By: fidelfs Re: AutoSelect statement - Setting - 08/12/16 06:39 PM
That is part of the behavior that I am experiencing.
I have reported this so many times.

@IncrefibleMrT Try select all the queries when this happen and paste it in another editor (not pl/sql developer tool). Let me know if the queries are copied or not.

That is the second part of my problem.
1. Autoselect stop selecting where the cursor is.
2. The cause of number 1 is because the editor even is showing multiple queries, in reality only the one is there. Even if you save that screen, close it and then reopen you will loose some queries.

Let me know if you experience the same.
Posted By: IncredibleMrT Re: AutoSelect statement - Setting - 08/15/16 08:02 AM
Yes, fidelfs, I have noticed that too, that queries disappear after this issue manifests itself.
And yes, when it happens, and I try to copy them - sometimes they are all there and sometimes not.
Posted By: fidelfs Re: AutoSelect statement - Setting - 08/15/16 02:33 PM
I have been chasing allroundautomations for this bug. I know is hard to replicate but it is happening and it is just not me.

It was suggested that might be my environment, but if this is happening to another person and environment then it is not a localized problem.

They need to address this soon.

Posted By: Gustavo Re: AutoSelect statement - Setting - 08/15/16 10:20 PM
Is any MS Office program open? Its clipboard manager has already caused me some trouble.
Posted By: fidelfs Re: AutoSelect statement - Setting - 08/16/16 08:06 PM
Yes, but the problem happens even when ms open is not open.
Or when it is open the problem doesn't happen.

The problem is this issue has too many replies and they won't look at it anymore.

This bug keeps going and going. It causes serial problem it is not a small issue.
Posted By: fidelfs Re: AutoSelect statement - Setting - 08/22/16 05:12 PM
I meant to say this "happens even when MS Office is not open"
Posted By: Joshua Rowland Re: AutoSelect statement - Setting - 08/26/16 11:41 PM
Also experiencing this issue.
Posted By: sako Re: AutoSelect statement - Setting - 09/13/16 08:20 AM
Hi to All.
to me, this issue appears, when I have ORDER BY clause in one of statements in sql window. It's hard to replicate it step by step. Doesn't matter, if statemets are devided with ";" or "/", sometimes it appears - but only with order by...
© Allround Automations forums