Posted By: Frank Kintrup Cannot open clipboard - 07/27/11 01:54 PM
Sometimes the PL/SQL Developer displays the message "Cannot open clipboard" when a piece of text is copied to the clipboard.
This error message is quite annoying, since the text IS copied and can be pasted back later.
I would suggest that you just suppress this message...
Posted By: Marco Kalter Re: Cannot open clipboard - 07/28/11 09:42 AM
This is indeed a known issue. We're looking into it.
Posted By: Frank Kintrup Re: Cannot open clipboard - 09/19/11 06:57 AM
[quote=Marco Kalter]This is indeed a known issue. We're looking into it. [/quote]

Have you found the cause of the problem? This is really driving me nuts!

Still using 8.x, since my boss has not yet decided if we should upgrade, but if this has beend fixed for 9.x I'll work on my boss again... ;-)
Posted By: Marco Kalter Re: Cannot open clipboard - 09/19/11 10:27 AM
No, unfortunately we have not yet been able to reproduce this.
Posted By: MartinSv Re: Cannot open clipboard - 10/07/11 12:53 PM
On my computer I have problems with clipboard when I have remote desktop connection open (mstsc.exe). All other programs work OK but PL/SQL Developer sometimes cannot use the clipboard. Are you using some special clipboard routines that may interfere with RDP?
Posted By: Marco Kalter Re: Cannot open clipboard - 10/08/11 10:57 AM
No, PL/SQL Developer uses the standard Windows clipboard functions.
Posted By: Frank Kintrup Re: Cannot open clipboard - 10/21/11 08:28 AM
This bug is still present in 9.02, just stumbled across it again :-(

I don't know why it creeps up, it may have to do something with the virtual environment the Developer is running in. The Developer runs on WinXP in a virtual machine which is accessed via a remote desktop connection. I cannot reproduce the error reliably, it happens a few times a day, sometimes more often, sometimes less.

Maybe you could surround the code copying the text to the clipboard with an empty "try except end;" block? This would catch and hide these annoying exceptions for good, wouldn't it?

Frank
Posted By: herzig Re: Cannot open clipboard - 10/21/11 09:19 AM
I have the same problem sometimes, but it seems to appear only in large data editor / xml. PLSD is running on win7 64bit, not inside VM, but besides VM and/or Remote Desktop.
Posted By: comdirect Re: Cannot open clipboard - 01/10/12 07:57 AM
i already posted this in another thread but i think this is here correct, too:

Hello everyone,

we are using PL/SQL Developer 8.0.4, too and have a similar issue.

We have Windows 7 SP1 host systems and Windows Server 2008 R2 Citrix Server. PL/SQL Developer is running in both environments (dev and prod)!
The Citrix Receiver is Up-To-Date (3.1).

When trying to copy from the Citrix Session to the Host Windows 7 System it needs about 3-5 Sec that the copied text from the SQL Developer can be pasted into the host system! This occures with a XP Host-System, too. We try to paste it by pressing CTRL+V few times but nothing happens.. after 3-5 sec we have to press CTRL+V again and then its pasting the correct text.

Resetting the accelerators did not work.
Disabling the Office 2010 clipboard options (in Word or Excel) also not worked.

Is there any Solution for this Problem known?

Edit: We found out something new -> When trying to copy from Citrix PL/SQL Developer to Host PL/SQL Developer we get a Error message saying "Cannot open clipboard"
[Linked Image]
Posted By: kamrath Re: Cannot open clipboard - 02/13/13 04:59 PM
I'm accessing PLSQL Developer 9.0.6 via Citrix and have been encountering this. I thought it might have to do with which Clipboard is in use -- the local one, or the one on the Citrix host. Not sure if that plays into it.

This I found interesting:
* I opened a CLOB column and tried both Ctrl-C and the Copy button... in both cases I got the popup box and *nothing* was copied to the Clipboard.
* I think unlocked the result grid ("Edit data"), re-opened the CLOB and tried Ctrl-C and Copy button... again, in both cases I got the popup box, however, when I then did a Ctrl-V in a SQL window, it pasted from the Clipboard successfully.
Posted By: Tim Scott Re: Cannot open clipboard - 06/14/13 11:17 AM
Any news on this problem?
I get this problem when trying to copy even small pieces of text (eg: a 6 letter word in ASCII). It's not consistent - sometimes it does copy, sometimes not. Mostly trying a second time works, but occasionally I have to try 5 or 6 times.

The PL/SQL Developer session has been running and active for a few days ... will that make a difference?
The activity is mostly Command Window editing .sql files, Programme Window editing/compiling package bodies and occasional PL/SQL debugging.

Some information that may or may not help:

PL/SQL Developer
Version 9.0.6.1665
[license]
Windows 7 (64-bit) 6.1 Build 7601 (Service Pack 1)

Physical memory : 4,072,352 kB (1,086,008 available)
Paging file : 4,194,304 kB (3,772,200 available)
Virtual memory : 2,097,024 kB (1,619,228 available)

Plug-Ins
*Active Query Builder (C:\MyProgs\PLSQL Developer\PlugIns\ActiveQueryBuilder.dll)
*PL/SQL Developer FindAll Plug-In version 2003/11/18 (C:\MyProgs\PLSQL Developer\PlugIns\FindAll.dll)
*PasteOptions 1.2 (C:\MyProgs\PLSQL Developer\PlugIns\PasteOptions.dll)
*PL/SQL Documentation (plsqldoc) (C:\MyProgs\PLSQL Developer\PlugIns\plsqldoc.dll)
*TortoiseSVN add-in (C:\MyProgs\PLSQL Developer\PlugIns\SVN_Plugin.dll)
(* is Active)

Posted By: ZeroCooool Re: Cannot open clipboard - 08/05/13 06:28 PM
Hi there,
I had this problem today and I found out that the problem was with my firewall/antivirus ZoneAlarm. Probably this problem occurs when some restriction is imposed by the antivirus or any other security program.
I just closed my ZoneAlarm and the problem was over.

Hope this could help somebody.
Posted By: Tim Scott Re: Cannot open clipboard - 08/11/15 08:38 AM
Are you any closer to finding the problem?

I've found that doing Cut and then Paste has not yet presented the error, whereas just doing a Copy does.

I've setup a Macro which does this, added it to the Macro Menu and moved the Ctrl+C keyboard shortcut to run this macro instead.

I'll let you know if I have problems with that ... but I'd better make sure Ctrl+Z works well if it does go awry :-).
© Allround Automations forums