Hello!

I would like to compile a 64-bit add-in for 64-bit word, but I have a problem with the oracle connection.
I created a small test program. I have a form with an oraclesession component.
When I compile a windows exe program from it, the oraclesession connects to the database without any problems.
It works in both 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
If I compile the same form into add-in dll and call it from a word, it works in 32 bit version,
but in 64 bit I get the following error message: Access violation at address 00007FFC035A31D3 in module 'OraClient.Dll'. Write of address 0000000000000018

try
mmoLog.Lines.Add('Start');

OracleSession.Connected := False;
OracleSession.LogonDatabase := FLogonDataBase;
OracleSession.LogonUsername := edtUser.Text;
OracleSession.LogonPassword := edtPassword.text;
mmoLog.Lines.Add('after dmDataMain.OracleSession.LogonDatabase := '+ FLogonDataBase);
OracleSession.Connected := True; // AV error in this row !
mmoLog.Lines.Add('after Connected: ' + BoolToStr(OracleSession.Connected, true));

except
on E: Exception do begin
mmoLog.Lines.Add('Connection failed!');
mmoLog.Lines.Add('FLogonDataBase:'+FLogonDataBase);
mmoLog.Lines.Add('Error:'+E.Message);
end;
end;

The operating system is windows 10, 64 bit. office is Office 365 64 bit. oracle cliens is also 64 bit.
I compiled with Delphi 10.3.

Have you encountered this problem? What is the solution?
Are you using the latest 4.1.4 release for Delphi 10.3?
Yes we use this. 4.1.4 release for Delphi 10.3
Do you have the source code option? If so, I will send you a test source file with a possible fix. If not, we will build a package with this possible fix.
Yes, I have uploaded two test programs to dropbox. Both programs use the same form. The exe works, the addin does not. Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pvmx9ht7h89ykt/OracleConnectTest.zip?dl=0
Sorry for the confusion. I meant to ask if your Direct Oracle Access license includes the source code option? In that case I can send you the fix as a source file.
OK. I see. Yes, our licence inludes the source code option.
Okay. I have sent you an e-mail with the sources.
Great! It works! Thank you very much!
© Allround Automations forums