Hi,

I'm trying to compile an old BCB2006 project with Rad Studio C++ Builder v. Tokyo. I'm using trail version of DOA components for Tokyo C++ Builder.
I've already dealt with this AnsiString-WideString-UnicodeString mess, caused by changes in 2009 version (Unicode implementation). But now, using DOA componets, I encountered another compiler error:

E2015 Ambiguity between '_fastcall Oracle::TOracleQuery::FieldAsInteger(const System::UnicodeString) at c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\include\windows\vcl\Oracle.hpp:1061' and '_fastcall Oracle::TOracleQuery::FieldAsInteger(const System::WideString) at c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\include\windows\vcl\Oracle.hpp:1082'

It occurs also for "FieldAsString" method.
The way I call those methods is: FieldAsInteger("field_1").
So it looks like the compiler has problem with deciding whether the string "field_1" is an UnicodeString or a WideString.

Have you seen this error before? Could you advise me how to solve this problem ?
We'll look into this.
I created a test project in C++Builder Tokyo and added a line with a OracleQuery->FieldAsInteger("field") call. It compiled and ran just fine.

Can you let me know how exactly in your project this function is called?
© Allround Automations forums