Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Query Reporter Jump to new posts
How do I fix New-Object Com Class Error for Alteryx? pavan 10/07/22 09:28 AM
I have an Alteryx workflow that runs a powershell script to convert a csv to excel. It works locally, but when I publish that workflow to Alteryx Gallery, I get an error and my log produces something like this: New-Object: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID.... $excel = New-Object -ComObject excel.application... Resource Unavailable... FullyQualifiedErrorId: No COMClassIdentified,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.NewObjectCommand...

This reads to me like excel is not installed on the alteryx server. Is my assumption correct? What do I need to do to fix this error?

$SharedDriveFolderPath = "\\---\shares\Groups\---\---\---\---\--\B\"
$files = Get-ChildItem $SharedDriveFolderPath -Filter *.csv
foreach ($f in $files){
$outfilename = $f.BaseName +'.xlsx'
$outfilename
#Define locations and delimiter
$csv = "\\---\shares\Groups\---\---\---\---\--\B\$f" #Location of the source file
$xlsx = "\\---\shares\Groups\---\---\---\---\---\---\C\$outfilename" #Desired location of output
$delimiter = "," #Specify the delimiter used in the file

# Create a new Excel workbook with one empty sheet
$excel = New-Object -ComObject excel.application
$workbook = $excel.Workbooks.Add(1)
$worksheet = $workbook.worksheets.Item(1)

# Build the QueryTables.Add command and reformat the data
$TxtConnector = ("TEXT;" + $csv)
$Connector = $worksheet.QueryTables.add($TxtConnector,$worksheet.Range("A1"))
$query = $worksheet.QueryTables.item($Connector.name)
$query.TextFileOtherDelimiter = $delimiter
$query.TextFileParseType = 1
$query.TextFileColumnDataTypes = ,1 * $worksheet.Cells.Columns.Count
$query.AdjustColumnWidth = 1

# Execute & delete the import query
$query.Refresh()
$query.Delete()

# Save & close the Workbook as XLSX.
$Workbook.SaveAs($xlsx,51)
$excel.Quit()
}
0 1 Read More
PL/SQL Developer Jump to new posts
Re: Export with Method="SQL Inserts" does not read 'Drop' parameter Marco Kalter 10/06/22 09:24 AM
We'll fix it!
1 20 Read More
Re: PL SQL Developer V15, DBMS Scheduler Timestamp Problem mfuessel 10/04/22 08:30 AM
Hello Marco,

I just sent it to you.
2 76 Read More
Re: plsqldeveloper kerberos authentication mihi.jana 10/03/22 01:10 PM
Hello,
can I ask you for instruction how to setup pl/sql developer to use kerberos authentication?
Thanks
5 2,954 Read More
Re: object window results truncated when viewing Marco Kalter 10/03/22 08:34 AM
Can you go to Preferences > User Interface > Fonts, click on the "Main Font" button, and check if the font size is larger than 9? If it is, can you set the font size to 9, restart PL/SQL Developer, and try again?
2 61 Read More
Re: Bookmarks going wonky in Program Window Stew Stryker 09/29/22 11:07 AM
Awesome! I was just glad you able to reproduce it. I hate when I'm the only one that seems to have a problem with software (not just yours!).
4 93 Read More
Re: Unicode Configuration Dave P 09/29/22 09:37 AM
Thanks Marco. I can't find a global setting for the instant client, so I've added it under preferences, and that's fixed the issue.
2 58 Read More
Re: Code Assistant wish Marco Kalter 09/29/22 08:59 AM
I have added this to the list of enhancement requests.
1 54 Read More
Re: Refresh data button on Objects tab doesn't refresh the users Marco Kalter 09/26/22 08:08 AM
If I open the "Users" folder in the Object Browser, then create a user in an external tool, select the "Users" folder, and click on the "Refresh" button, the new user is now included. Can you confirm that this scenario does not work for you?
1 87 Read More
Re: Grid Date / Time Formats Stephen Young 09/24/22 02:59 PM
Solved!
In the Preferences for User Defined dates & times you need to use Windows formats (not Oracle).
So date is dd-MMM-yyyy and time is HH:mm:ss
1 82 Read More
Re: Preserve windows when closing PL/SQL Developer koja 09/23/22 12:03 PM
Necromancing the necromancer wink Thanks for this tip. I think this is cool. Trying it out now.
8 6,431 Read More
Re: PLSQL Developer freezes very often koja 09/23/22 11:38 AM
For me performance improved and freezes seem gone after: Setting "None" for Light and Dark Style in configuration at: user interface - appearance - Color Theme mode of version 15! I like dark mode and use it for most of my tools, but performance and stability are far more important to me.
16 2,017 Read More
Re: Date Sort is wrong koja 09/23/22 09:29 AM
When sorting using the sort buttons in the sql window results:
In the configuration panel it is possible to set a date format for the date(user interface - nls_options - date). When set to YY-MM-DD a date column can be sorted using the sort buttons in the sql window results. For timestamp fields this format can not be set and sorting using the sort buttons sorts alphabetically as far as I can see. I have the number fields to char and date fields to char options deselected.

Sorting on date, time, timestamp, guid and number etc can best be done using the order by in the select of course.( btw when sorting on guid, make sure the guid is generated from the same source(before insert row trigger fi), else one may have unexpected results. Don't know yet how a database migration will effect the guid sort order.
8 281 Read More
Re: Performance v15 koja 09/20/22 07:41 PM
Setting "None" for Light and Dark Style really does improve performance of version 15! Thanks for the tip Marco! Anything I can do to improve the performance of this tool I spend my days with.
2 326 Read More
Re: PL/SQL D 15 Copy performance Martins 09/20/22 07:02 AM
Hello. Our team is using v15 and also experiencing these copy-paste difficulties. Any update on this?
17 1,351 Read More
Re: How to shorten window name by default Marco Kalter 09/19/22 09:51 AM
There is currently no option to make this name shorter than "Edit owner.name@database". I have added this to the list of enhancement requests.
1 90 Read More
Direct Oracle Access Jump to new posts
Re: C++ Builder 11.2 Markus Donath LE 09/16/22 09:17 AM
Thanks a lot!
2 63 Read More
Re: 'Wrong PixelFormat' error when right-clicking rowanmoor 09/15/22 03:04 PM
I have had a chance to test it without remote desktop, and I am still getting the error, even after a reboot. So it seems my theory of it being related to Remote Desktop is wrong. What else could be causing it? Are there any logs that would be helpful to identify it?
3 130 Read More
Re: Feedback on the new PL/SQL Developer Interface DigiPrima 09/15/22 10:42 AM
To add to point #1, nad I do miss the color variations of v14 and prior in v15.
10 700 Read More
Re: falls after opening the panel and recovery Ruda 09/15/22 10:12 AM
PLSQ Developer smile
2 67 Read More
Re: Connection list - inherit database from folder Marco Kalter 09/15/22 10:08 AM
I have added this to the list of enhancement requests.
1 77 Read More
Re: Find panel in 4K is cuted Marco Kalter 09/15/22 10:08 AM
We'll check it out. Note that you can vertically resize the Search Bar. The new height will be preserved when you restart PL/SQL Developer later.
1 58 Read More
Re: pinned grid function Marco Kalter 09/15/22 10:05 AM
This feature will not be available in version 14.0. You would need to upgrade to 15.0 for this.
1 72 Read More
Re: Stuck in the test script window Dave P 09/14/22 09:34 AM
Was there an update on this? I've had this happen twice recently, and the only way out was to kill the app from task manager.
2 178 Read More