Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Best way to deal with XML
RickS #65381 02/08/24 11:11 AM
If the issue is caused by opening the file in an existing Notepad++ instance, you can use the -multiInst parameter so that the XML value is always loaded in a new Notepad++ instance. Import the following registry to try this:

Code
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\xml_auto_file]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\xml_auto_file\shell]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\xml_auto_file\shell\open]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\xml_auto_file\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Notepad++\\notepad++.exe\" -multiInst \"%1\""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.xml]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.xml\OpenWithProgids]
"xml_auto_file"=""

Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
Re: Best way to deal with XML
RickS #65383 02/08/24 04:36 PM
R
RickS Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I have noticed something new. When the "Edit column data externally as XML File?" prompt comes up, if I click "No" and I have the padlock unlocked, I am able to edit XML in PL/SQL Developer's Large Data Editor. I didn't realize that. I thought that the native editor was read-only and I needed to install another tool - like Notepad++ in order to edit XML.

My goal is just to be able to edit data. I don't care what editor I use. If I can do that within PL/SQL Developer's Large Data Editor then I don't need to configure Notepad++ at all.

When I query my data, it does make me select the rowid from the table in order to edit and save XML, which is kind of a pain, but I can live with that.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  support 

Link Copied to Clipboard