I have the trial version of 3.3.3, BCB5 Pro, and Oracle 8.1.6 standard.
I'm having trouble with lookup fields. With BDE datasets, I would just add a new field in the fields editor, hook it up to the lookup dataset & be done. However, that isn't working here. I'm mostly quite impressed with the product's speed & flexibility, but if I can't use lookup fields I'm gonna have a serious problem. (Lookup combo boxes do work fine, but I need this in a few grids so I have to do it this way.)
So, any ideas? Anybody got any workarounds?
Is it related to being a trial version? Being a BCB port? (I also had trouble using cached updates - it couldn't link in the OracleSession::ApplyUpdates method even though it compiled correctly. I figured this was a BCB issue because the Delphi code has smarter arrays & doesn't need the extra param to specify length.) Curiously enough, it seems to work in the IDE; if I open up the table with the lookup field, then I see the correct name from the lookup dataset in the grid. But when I run my app, I get an empty cell in the grid.
Help! Quickly, or I may have to abandon the product so I can get something rolled out soon!