I've got the same problem nicofari "Out of Memory with TOracleDataset" - I found no real answer to his questions.

We have a query returning 145000 rows of data.

The problem seems to be that TOracleDataset does not handle data from functions in sql results very well.

I made a test application - when I do not use any functions I get a memory user of 72 Mb - even though the grid displays 145000 rows with the same ammount of columns, and same amount of data.

When I use a function to populate one of the rows the test application suddenly use 747 Mb of memory. Still 145000 rows.

The original sql uses 8 functions for populating the result. So I assume this cause the out of memory. Any idea why? And is there any way of getting around this problem?
I would cosider this a bug...

Another thing I noticed.
If I set "QueryAllRecords" and "CountAllRecords" to false - things work as long as the user does not scroll all the way to the bottom of the grid.
If I set "QueryAllRecords" to false and "CountAllRecords" to true I get the "out of memory" when I run the query. Why is that? Does setting "CountAllRecords" cause "QueryAllRecords" to be set as well?