Print Thread
Converting Oracle Long Raw Field into a Paradox table memo field
#728 07/28/00 12:01 AM
Charleston, WV, USA
G
OP Offline
G
Charleston, WV, USA
I had this working in Delphi 2 w/BDE but I'm attempting to migrate the App to Delphi 5 using a combination of BDE and DOA.

I've got one table that has the following structure in Oracle:

TBLINFOMEMO
-------------------------
INFORMATION_ID CHAR(5)
DESCRIPTIONRAW LONG RAW

Whenever I attempt to grab records from this table using the QueryComponent it fetches one record which is okay. The problem is, when I call Next, it says it's reached the EOF and quits. Other than that problem, anyone want to point me in the right direction on how should I go about converting this table using Delphi 5 and DOA? It's also accessing Oracle 7.3. The database can't be upgraded because they plan on going to SQL Server this winter.

Thanks in advance.

Eric Dye

Re: Converting Oracle Long Raw Field into a Paradox table memo field
#729 08/01/00 04:55 PM
Are you sure that the query that fetches these records should return more than 1 row? There is really no other interpretation of the Eof property.

------------------
Marco Kalter
Allround Automations

Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
#730 08/01/00 05:33 PM
Charleston, WV, USA
G
OP Offline
G
Charleston, WV, USA
Thanks for the reply, Marco. I know that the query will return more than one record. I'm doing a select * from the tblinfomemo table. Copy and pasting the query from my DOA Query component into SQL*Plus returns all of the rows fine. I'm at a loss here.

Thanks,
Eric Dye

#731 08/01/00 06:40 PM
Charleston, WV, USA
G
OP Offline
G
Charleston, WV, USA
Okay I just checked the table again from SQL*Plus and it's only giving me one record. Looks like it's a user headspace problem (i.e. I'm an idiot) [Linked Image] Sorry for the confusion. If I have anymore problems I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Eric Dye

Moderated by  support 

Link Copied to Clipboard