Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
NetSuite
#60685 11/14/19 08:19 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out a way to connect to a NetSuite account via PL/SQL Developer, and I can't seem to find the path forward. I searched this forum for the word "NetSuite" and came up with no results. I've searched google for "NetSuite" using "site:allroundautomations.com" and got no results.

Does the lack of results mean that it's not even POSSIBLE to access NetSuite via the PL/SQL Developer tool? NetSuite is owned by Oracle and uses an Oracle database, at least according to their SEC filing (SEC Filing Here):

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

So can anyone tell me if it's possible to access NetSuite through PL/SQL Developer in any way? I'm actually surprised that nobody yet has even talked about trying and failing or succeeding...

Re: NetSuite
Westley Bennett #60691 11/15/19 10:07 AM
I'm not familiar with NetSuite, but if it uses an Oracle database then you can connect to that Oracle database if your Oracle client is configured accordingly.

Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
Marco Kalter #60696 11/15/19 01:50 PM
W
OP Offline
W
That's promising. And how would I "configure my client correctly" to connect to a cloud-based database? Is there a guide somewhere?

Westley Bennett #60698 11/15/19 02:12 PM
You will need the following information for the NetSuite Oracle database:

* The server host name or ip address
* The name of the NetSuite Oracle database on this host
* The tcp port for the database (by default this is 1521)

With this information you can now use the Oracle Net Configuration Assistant utility on your PC to configure a service for this database.

Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
Marco Kalter #60705 11/15/19 10:11 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Please let me know if I'm doing this correctly, or if I'm making a mistake, because I can't seem to get it to work:

But when I try with these settings, I get this:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Westley Bennett #60706 11/15/19 10:33 PM
W
OP Offline
W
I went ahead and accepted it to make it a DSN even though it failed to connect, and then I tried to configure it in PL SQL Developer anyways. Here's my settings there:

And here's the error I get when attempting the connection:

Not sure what's going wrong...

Westley Bennett #60707 11/15/19 10:43 PM
W
OP Offline
W
And here's the kicker. When I try to connect via NetSuite's native ODBC driver - it connects just fine, as you can see here:

This is the same DSN that I'm trying to use to connect to PL SQL Developer:

But it fails...
So I feel like I'm stuck right now, though I think I have everything in there right...

Westley Bennett #60712 11/16/19 10:53 AM
Is NetSuit64 really the name of an Oracle database on host odbcserver.netsuite.com? It seems like some other kind of service.

You will need a direct connection to an Oracle database.

Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
Westley Bennett #65244 01/06/24 11:27 AM
A
A
Accessing NetSuite via PL/SQL Developer can be challenging because NetSuite is a cloud-based ERP system and its database structure and connectivity might not be directly exposed or accessible through traditional tools like PL/SQL Developer. While NetSuite is indeed owned by Oracle, it operates as a separate cloud service, and the database architecture may not be directly comparable to traditional Oracle databases.

However, if you need to interact with NetSuite data programmatically, you should use NetSuite's SuiteTalk API, which is a web services-based API provided by NetSuite. This allows you to perform various operations like querying data, updating records, and more.

Here are the general steps you might take:

1. Understand SuiteTalk API:
Familiarize yourself with NetSuite's SuiteTalk API documentation to understand how to interact with NetSuite programmatically.

2. Use Appropriate Tools:
While PL/SQL Developer may not be the best tool for direct NetSuite access, you can use programming languages like Java, C#, or others to create applications that interact with the SuiteTalk API.

3. OAuth or Token-Based Authentication:
NetSuite typically uses OAuth or token-based authentication for API access. You will need to handle authentication securely in your application.

4. Develop Integration Logic:
Write code to interact with NetSuite API. Retrieve, update, or manipulate data based on your application's requirements.

5. Test Thoroughly:
Thoroughly test your integration logic with NetSuite's sandbox environment before attempting to access a production account.

While PL/SQL Developer might not be the tool of choice for direct NetSuite access, you can certainly build integrations and applications that interact with NetSuite using appropriate programming languages and tools. If you have specific questions about NetSuite integration or encounter issues, you may want to consult NetSuite's documentation or seek assistance from their support channels.

If you need more information on NetSuite Customer Login Center. NetSuit Login Click Here

Westley Bennett #65266 01/10/24 06:55 AM
G
G
Originally Posted by Westley Bennett
And here's the kicker. When I try to connect via NetSuite's native ODBC driver - it connects just fine, as you can see here:

This is the same DSN that I'm trying to use to connect to PL SQL Developer:

But it fails...
So I feel like I'm stuck right now, though I think I have everything in there right...

The cause of this timeout message could be some firewall settings which forbids you to access some domains/ports in your network. Your request does not even reach the database server.

Last edited by Gore; 01/10/24 07:02 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  support 

Link Copied to Clipboard