Print Thread
Unable to locate ORA805.DLL
#469 04/20/00 04:43 AM
Washington
OP Offline
Washington
We just released an application that uses DOA (rather than BDE, yuck). One of our users is trying to run our application on an NT workstation. Their Oracle server is version 8. I believe the tools installed on the workstation are also version 8 (could be wrong though, but don't see any reason why they wouldn't be).

When our application starts, an error message displays and it specifies the application where the error occurred to be in OCI.DLL. "Unable to locate ORA805.DLL" (and then a bunch of keys like ORACLE_HOME, etc). Our application never actually runs, I am assuming this is occurring when DOA.BPL is being loaded during initialization.

I believe that not all of the necessary files have been installed on this user's system or paths have been set up incorrectly. However, SQL Plus and other database applications are running correctly so I have to wonder what the problem could be. Does anyone have any advice on how I should proceed to fix this problem? If this user is having a problem, I'm pretty sure others will as well.

Thank you for your time,

- Clayton M. Arends
carends@evisions.com

Clayton Arends
Sr. Software Developer
Evisions, Inc.
http://evisions.com
Re: Unable to locate ORA805.DLL
#470 04/20/00 07:01 PM
If SQL*Plus and other Oracle tools work fine, they are probably using a different version of SQL*Net or Net8, or they are installed in a different oracle home. I think your first assumption is right: not all files are installed for the Net8 version that Direct Oracle Access is using.

------------------
Marco Kalter
Allround Automations

Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
Re: Unable to locate ORA805.DLL
#471 04/28/00 03:39 AM
Washington
OP Offline
Washington
Thanks for the reply. I would have come back sooner but I was waiting for the email that tells me a reply has been written to my posting. Is this not working anymore? Just a side note.

Yes my assumption was correct (as you noted). We had the user uninstall Oracle (or at least as much as the installer would let them get rid of) and then reinstall Oracle. No more problem.

Until next time.

- Clayton

Clayton Arends
Sr. Software Developer
Evisions, Inc.
http://evisions.com

Moderated by  support 

Link Copied to Clipboard