Print Thread
Abnormal Program Termination When Executing Insert Operation
#37003 01/13/10 04:49 PM
Southern California
V
OP Offline
V
Southern California
I am having a consistant problem with an abnormal program termination while executing an insert Sql statement utilizing
an OracleQuery. I am using Delphi 2007 with DOA 4.1.1.0. This is an orderly termaination of the entire program without any error messages or other indications of a problem. It is consistant although I have only been able to replicate it duing an import of 1.4 million records of data which takes about 45 minutes. The routine is an restore routine and if I try to cut down the data the termination does not occure. Also, if I use the Delphi Debugger it does not seem to occure also. I have traced the issue down the OracleQuery.Execute statement. I am doing further debugging and was wondering if anyone has had a simmilar issue. I will post my additional findings as I come accross them. Is there any place is DOA that could cause an orderly program termination with no error message. It appres to be reacting the same as if I executed an Application.Terminate Delphi command from within the program.

Any advice or ways to do traces on the acctual Sql commands being executed by DOA in oracle would be helpfull.

Re: Abnormal Program Termination When Executing Insert Operation
vippolito #37008 01/14/10 11:21 AM
If the error is related to the amount of data, can you check if there is perhaps a memory leak? Just verify the amount of memory used by the process during these 45 minutes.

Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
Re: Abnormal Program Termination When Executing Insert Operation
Marco Kalter #37014 01/14/10 06:54 PM
Southern California
V
OP Offline
V
Southern California
You were absolutly correct. There was a memory leak. I was not freeing the TLobLocator object. After correcting the code to free the object it appears to be working correctly. Thank you for you help.

Moderated by  support 

Link Copied to Clipboard