Print Thread
Release Issues
#65608 04/05/24 03:43 PM
S
suess Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello

This is starting off pretty cool, but there are still some blockers that will prevent adoption.

Downloaded the trial version of the release of plyxon (1.0)

Performance on Mac M2 - While greatly improved, is still laggy. Especially when viewing large package bodies and the file open dialog is slow to render as well as the settings dialog.

Still no code completion after owner - e.g. I would expect code completion for owner.

Unable to open *.tst files - this is the exension pl/sql uses for test scripts. plyxon will only allow *.sql files to be selected in the open dialog. Probably could rename the extension to work around, but not ideal and then that will "break" the files for pl/sql. Maybe I'm missing something here?

No view option for packages - just edit

Schema Filter hangs the app - Attempting to use the filter function causes the application to hang for several minutes the first time, then seems fine after that. Also, it seems to implicitly use wildcard when filtering. Not a huge deal, but with large schemas a filter for specific package displays numerous records that contain the filter keywords in addition to the package I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Re: Release Issues
suess #65610 04/08/24 08:59 AM
Thank you for your feedback!

Performance on Mac M2 - While greatly improved, is still laggy. Especially when viewing large package bodies and the file open dialog is slow to render as well as the settings dialog.
Can you let me know your exact macOS version?

Still no code completion after owner - e.g. I would expect code completion for owner.
This works fine when I try it. I get a list of objects for the owner. Can you provide an example?

Unable to open *.tst files - this is the exension pl/sql uses for test scripts. plyxon will only allow *.sql files to be selected in the open dialog. Probably could rename the extension to work around, but not ideal and then that will "break" the files for pl/sql. Maybe I'm missing something here?
We'll enhance this. At the moment you can add the directory to the File List and access the .tst files from there.

No view option for packages - just edit
There are currently indeed no "view" options in Plyxon.

Schema Filter hangs the app - Attempting to use the filter function causes the application to hang for several minutes the first time, then seems fine after that. Also, it seems to implicitly use wildcard when filtering. Not a huge deal, but with large schemas a filter for specific package displays numerous records that contain the filter keywords in addition to the package I'm looking for.
Can you go to Preferences > General, enable the "Log Diagnostics" option, reproduce the problem, and send the $HOME/Documents/Plyxon/Log/debug.txt file to support@allroundautomations.com?

Marco Kalter
Allround Automations

Link Copied to Clipboard