Print Thread
Workspace capture on close
#60741 11/25/19 03:49 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Not a project. I would like PL/SQL Developer to just capture my active windows, even new and unsaved files, as a 'workspace' when I close the application, similar to the way Visual Studio Code does this. Have I missed a preference that will make it behave this way? Right now the only way I have been able to simulate this is to Ctl-Alt-Del and kill PLSQL Dev with the Task Manager - not elegant, but sort of works. Also, this would require some sort of setting for how frequently the application snapshots the current state to avoid losing too many minutes/hours of work on restore....

Re: Workspace capture on close
Allen Marshall #60751 11/26/19 10:07 AM
There is currently no option for this for new and unsaved files. The Auto Save Desktop preference will only restore window contents that were previously saved or compiled.

Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
Re: Workspace capture on close
Marco Kalter #60754 11/26/19 12:07 PM
The Netherlands
The Netherlands
You can use the 'Desktop' command line option. I have several shortcuts for different databases just for this purpose. For instance, I have one shortcut with 'Desktop=Sandbox'. At he end of the day I just close PLD and the next day all windows are back there again.

At one point this saved hours of work when they cloned the dev database during my sick leave........

@Marco: as an aside, I seem to recall that at one point I could see my desktop name in the main window. However, I can't seem to make it show. Either I've done something wrong, or my memory is failing me. In the latter case, can you add this as an option in the upcoming release?

Thanks in advance,
Marco van der Linden

Been there, done that, Got the T-Shirt

Moderated by  support 

Link Copied to Clipboard