Print Thread
[13.0.4][64 bits] project items and context menu
#60007 05/09/19 01:10 PM
Munich, Germany
OP Offline
Munich, Germany
In "project" tab of "project items" there is a context menu containing among others the following items:
  • Open item
  • Open all Items
  • Close all Items

When you have selected a number of items and click on "Open item" it actually opens the selected items. This is a nice feature, just not so intuitive to realize with "Opem item". There should be a clear info in this case that the selected items will be opened. Maybe the context menu could be renamed to "Open selected items" in this case.
I would also like to have a "Close item" which can also be used to "Close selected items".

The "Open all Items" and "Close all Items" can be dangerous and time consuming when there are a large number of items affected. It can also easily happen that you click those ones by mistake, especially when you actually want to open just selected items, there the "Open all Items" is closer semantically to what you want than "Open item". So I would like there to get a warning before.

It would also be great to have an indicator, i.e. a special color, in this list for all items which are currently open in the window list. I would also like to easily find out files there which are no longer existing.
It would also be great if a "project" group could be associated with a file system folder and automatically synchronizes with the files in this folder during opening of a project or manually with a "synchronize" button.

Regards,
Berny
Re: [13.0.4][64 bits] project items and context menu
Bernhard S #60010 05/10/19 09:12 AM
I have added this to the list of enhancement requests.

Marco Kalter
Allround Automations

Moderated by  support 

Link Copied to Clipboard