When using TOracleDataSet and TcxGrid you must manually set the paramaters in the OnDetailFirst event and not in the TOracleDataSet. The proper steps are as follows;

1) Set the parameters of the TcxGrid.DataControler.DetailKeyFieldNames, TcxGrid.DataControler.KeyFieldNames and TcxGrid.DataControler.MasterKeyFieldNames

2) Do Not Set the values of TOracleDataSet.Master, TOracleDataSet.MasterFields and TOracleDataSet.DetailFields.

3) Write a routine that will place the parameter values into the parameter variables.

I have written a generic routine that can be used as a basis for this routine. It can be used for single or multiple parameterized queries. It uses one custom function "GetNextFieldInString" which I use for parsing CSV import files. This function strips the string before the ';', returning the sting that was stripped. It also removes the retuned characters plus the ';' from the string passed. I did this to make the routine more compact and easier to read.

I hope this helps someone else.

Code

procedure TClientFrame.GrdAssessorialDBTableView2DataControllerDataModeControllerDetailFirst(Sender: TcxDBDataModeController; ADataSet: TDataSet; const AMasterDetailKeyFieldNames: string; const AMasterDetailKeyValues: Variant; var AReopened: Boolean);

Var
 KeyFieldNames : String;
 I: Integer;
 St : String;
 RefreshDetail : Boolean;
 VarArrDimCount : Integer;

begin
 if (ADataSet is TOracleDataSet) then
  begin
   With (ADataSet as TOracleDataSet) do
    begin
     VarArrDimCount:=VarArrayDimCount(AMasterDetailKeyValues);
     if VarArrDimCount=0 then
      begin
       if GetVariable(AMasterDetailKeyFieldNames)<>AMasterDetailKeyValues then
        begin
         if Active then
          CloseAll;
         SetVariable(AMasterDetailKeyFieldNames,AMasterDetailKeyValues);
         Open;
         AReopened:=True;
        end;
      end
     else
      begin
       RefreshDetail:=False;
       KeyFieldNames:=AMasterDetailKeyFieldNames;
       I:=0;
       while Not RefreshDetail and (VarArrayHighBound(AMasterDetailKeyValues,1)>=I) do
        begin
//       Function GetNextFieldInString(Var St : String; EofStr,EolStr : String) : String;
//       This function returns the string before the ';' and also removes the returned string plus the ';' from the string that was passed (St)
         St:=GetNextFieldInString(KeyFieldNames,';',CrLf);

if GetVariable(St)<>AMasterDetailKeyValues[I] then
          RefreshDetail:=True;
         Inc(I);
        end;

if RefreshDetail then
        begin
         if Active then
          CloseAll;
         KeyFieldNames:=AMasterDetailKeyFieldNames;
         for I := VarArrayLowBound(AMasterDetailKeyValues,1) to VarArrayHighBound(AMasterDetailKeyValues,1) do
          begin
           St:=GetNextFieldInString(KeyFieldNames,';',CrLf);
           SetVariable(St,AMasterDetailKeyValues[I]);
           end;
          Open;
          AReopened:=True;
        end;
      end;
    end;
  end;
end;