Posted By: ScottMattes Wishlist: Test Window - 10/28/04 07:01 PM
I was reading on AskTom.Oracle.com about 'existing state of package blah, blah, blah' yesterday and heard about DBMS_SESSION.RESET_PACKAGE.

I would like a check box on the toolbar of the test window that says something like 'Reset package states before execution' and if checked PLSD would issue that command before running the contents of the test window.
Posted By: Marco Kalter Re: Wishlist: Test Window - 10/28/04 08:39 PM
The Test Window will automatically rerun the Test Script when it first fails with "ORA-04068: Existing state of packages has been discarded". A warning will be displayed on the status line, because all global package variables will have been reset.
Posted By: ScottMattes Re: Wishlist: Test Window - 03/16/07 10:34 PM
Hmmm, I wonder why I let this drop.

Anyway, the reason for this request is for test repeatability. I'd like to be able to run the same test over and over and over again and always get the same results. If the package being tested sets any persistent values they sometimes need to be reset in order to repeat the test.
Posted By: Marco Kalter Re: Wishlist: Test Window - 03/19/07 10:41 PM
I have added this to the list of enhancement requests. Note that you can also call dbms_session.reset_package in the Test Script.
Posted By: ScottMattes Re: Wishlist: Test Window - 03/20/07 06:20 PM
Thank you Marco.
Posted By: Claus Pedersen Re: Wishlist: Test Window - 03/25/07 12:55 AM
Hello Scott.

I always reconnect to my user to make sure that package variables are flushed.
Posted By: Clever Idea Consulting Re: Wishlist: Test Window - 03/27/07 07:10 PM
Scott's request is a great one, I completely second him on the value of such a feature in a future release.
© Allround Automations forums