Posted By: Ju Cannot set autotrace - 01/29/04 04:34 PM
I tried to run the following command in PL/SQL Developer 5.1.62, in a command window:
set autotrace on (traceonly, etc.)

The response was:
Cannot set autotrace

In SQL*PLUS from Oracle this works just fine.
Please give me some directions on how to use it in PL/SQL Developer
Posted By: Marco Kalter Re: Cannot set autotrace - 01/29/04 08:48 PM
This command is not supported in the Command Window. For a complete list of supported SQL*Plus commands, see chapter 7.3 in the User's Guide.

To obtain the information generated by the autotrace command, you can execute your SQL or PL/SQL in a SQL Window or Test Window. If the "Automatic Statistics" preference is enabled (Tools > Preferences > Options tab page), you can see all resource statistics that the Oracle Server provides on the "Statistics" tab page.
Posted By: Bernhard S Re: Cannot set autotrace - 06/15/09 11:51 AM
Hello Marco,

it would probably be useful to list also the valid SQL*Plus commands that are unsupported in pl-sql-developer command-window in the pl-sql-developer manual, like i.e. SET AUTOTRACE ...
It would be good if that command worked the same way as in SQL*Plus though. Is that possible for a future version? In my humble opinion as many as possible of the features in SQL*Plus should be available as well in pl-sql-developer command-window. I think a lot of users like to develop and test using the pl-sql-developer command-window but the result later on has to be executed somewhere else in SQL*Plus then, where it's expected to work the same way.
Posted By: Babo Re: Cannot set autotrace - 02/16/10 07:26 PM
Marco,
any plans to get this one to work in Command window?
thank you
Andrew
Posted By: Marco Kalter Re: Cannot set autotrace - 02/17/10 12:50 PM
This is on the list of enhancement requests. I don't have a date yet.
Posted By: jking Re: Cannot set autotrace - 11/08/11 10:32 PM
Marco,
Any idea when SET AUTOTRACE... will be included?

Thanks.
Posted By: Marco Kalter Re: Cannot set autotrace - 11/09/11 11:16 AM
Not really. As stated above, the SQL Window and Test Window provide much more insight into resource statistics.
Posted By: Roger25 Re: Cannot set autotrace - 03/11/14 05:10 PM
Please include the AUTOTRACE setting in the newer version.. it's the version 10 and this command cannot be used.
Thanks
Posted By: IvanZ Re: Cannot set autotrace - 03/12/14 12:56 AM
Function like "Run command in SQL*Plus" in TOAD would be OK. I guess it's not very hard to implement but would cover all the issues.

PLD provides more information, but autotrace does it in more common way to the community, which is important for discussing stuff on forums.
Posted By: Roger25 Re: Cannot set autotrace - 03/12/14 06:17 AM
So I should try using TOAD, for this AUTOTRACE?
Thanks
Posted By: IvanZ Re: Cannot set autotrace - 03/12/14 07:38 AM
You can use whatever you want/need.

There's no one tool to rule them all =)
© Allround Automations forums