Posted By: Cartaz Workset improvement with multiple PSD - 04/10/24 11:55 AM
Hi,

i am working with PSD 15.0.4 and i like working with worksets.
As i work with multiple databases and projects, i usually have more than one PSD open (with different worksets).
When i close PSD with a loaded workset and open a new PSD, it wants to load the last closed workset.

This seems to be fine when i boot up windows and open the first PSD but for any additional PSD it should be optional.

Therfore i expirienced the following side effects:
- I get an error message "Error reading file!" when i open a new PSD task, after i deleted the workset which i last worked with (project finished, workset not needed anymore etc.).
- When the database for this workset is not reachable, i get an error message (TNS no listener ...) 3 times for every entry in the window list for this workset! (or i force close the PSD task)

Or ist even possible to prevent this behavior with the actual version?

vg Cartaz
We'll enhance this for the next release.

Note that you might be able to prevent problem #1 by using different PL/SQL Developer shortcuts for different projects/databases. For each shortcut you can use the workset parameter to open a specific workset. For example:

"C:\Program Files\PLSQL Developer\plsqldev.exe" workset="Project ABC"
Posted By: Cartaz Re: Workset improvement with multiple PSD - 04/11/24 11:39 AM
Thanks for the reply. I will try that.
And i realised that i can close a workset before closing the PL/SQL Developer. This also prevents "loading last workset" (and probably problem #1).
© Allround Automations forums