Our company just upgraded us to PL/SQL Developer 13.0.6.1911. Since the upgrade, column name auto-complete is not working. For example, previously if I typed:

select * from BAS_COST_CENTER where COS

As soon as I typed the 'COS' I would get a list of column names that started with COS from the table BAS_COST_CENTER. This is no longer happening. I will get a list of keywords that start with the characters typed, but this is not very useful in the SQL window.

Thanks,
Hi, this only does work if you use an alias like that

select * from BAS_COST_CENTER t where t.COS

If you don't use an alias the code assist looks for user object like COS%.

Regards
I understand that using an alias works. But the previous version did auto-matching on columns even without an alias. My question is why did this behavior change and is there a setting to get it back?
Hi Jens,

no using aliases is bad code
Sorry, i checked 12.0.7 and that version it also doesn't work without an alias.
Regards
I'm regularly having this same issue even when I do use an alias.
The workaround is to copy all my code into a new SQL Window.

All users on our site have experienced it.
I've also found that some times, columns are suggested that don't match what you've typed.

Worst of all is when you auto complete, but it leaves the part you had typed.

For example, I'm expecting "select t.product from tblstock t"
I type "select t.pro{And press F6 at this point} from tblstock t"
I end up with :"select t.proproduct from tblstock t".
Yes, i know it's not perfect for example if there are duplicate cursors and aliases or deep code hierarchy or the code isn't compilable. In most cases the problem is sitting in front of the screen. For me it works good.
Regards
In preferences - user interface - Code assistant there are settings related to this. filter method, minimum characters etc could play a role in this behavior.

In my experience when things don't work entirely as expected, checking out the preferences is the first solution. There are lots of preferences, but they are nicely grouped and well documented.

Just my five cents...
when you type "select t.pro{And press F6 at this point}"
plsqld don't know the table, and can't show column
when you type "select t.pro" and press F6 which table should be found? you haven't type a table name at this point.
Regards
© Allround Automations forums