Posted By: tseck User Reports/Tools: Configurable Menu Items - 07/02/19 05:31 PM
Hi there at Allround Automations!

As a DBA and Database-Developer I'm using PL/SQL-Developer since more than 15 years. It's one of my key-tools to do daily business and over the years I expanded PL/SQL-Developer with many user-specific things like reports, tools and add-ins. You are doing a great job and PL/SQL-Developer has become a swiss knife for me.

But since v11/12/13 with new UI i'm not really happy - new icons, ribbons, SDI-Tabs, changed fonts and more are rather confusing. Ok, performance problems are solved over time and the ability to use the classic-menu-style plus mdi interface helps a lot.

But what i'm still missing is the ability to add new top-level menu items for reports and tools.

I'd like to see menu items like MyReports and MyTools, containing the configured Reports, Tools and Documents.

What do you think? Am I the only one who is missing this features? Pls. consider to realize this feature request.

Regards,
Thomas
Hi Tseck,

I fully agree. Your Post could be from me.

I have added this to the list of enhancement requests.
Thanks Marco! So we're looking forward to v14 :-)
I must say, I don't love this new ribbon menu too
but after I "discovered" this new "Quick Access Toolbar" I can life with ribbons.
You can always on any ribbon item right-mouse-button click and choose "Add to Quick Access Toolbar" and have there your tool droppy and Report droppy.
In my opinion you should do a try for this thing.
I only miss the Documents option. I used Reports a bit but Export to Excel was more useful to me.
© Allround Automations forums