Posted By: Maxmix Toolbar broken after adding second monitor - 08/31/17 08:46 AM
Hi!

I think I am not the first who is complaining but I could not find respective topics, so I will ask again.

I've got another monitor, and I set up it so that now I have a wide desktop in Extended mode.
PLSQLDev now opens with the default layout, i.e. instead of my customized toolbars I see hundreds of tiny icons. The only solution I could find is switching to the single monitor mode.

How do I start using the saved layout in two-monitor mode?

ver. 11.0.6

Can you go to Preferences > User Interface / Options and check if the "Save layout per multi monitor setup" option is enabled? If it is enabled, can you disable it and try again?
The option was enabled, and disabling did not help

frown
Marco, can you help me?
After disabling the preference and restoring your toolbar, is it preserved when changing your monitor configuration?
I'm sorry Marco, but what is restoring of the toolbar?

Now PLSQL Developer behaves like so:
single-monitor: launches with my preset toolbars
two-monitor: launches with the default toolbars

The behaviour doesn't change with changing of the preference.
Can you go to directory %APPDATA%\PLSQL Developer 12 and delete the following files?

Monitors*.ini

Let me know if this helps.

Small correction: my version is 11.0.6
Deleting didn't help, the file Monitors_1920_1920.docking.ini is created automatically.
Well, after several months the sharp Chingachgook's eye noted, that following files match closely in size:

toolbar.ini -- Monitors_1920_1920.toolbar.ini
docking.ini -- Monitors_1920_1920.docking.ini

Then Chingachgook copied toolbar.ini to the name Monitors_1920_1920.toolbar.ini, and docking.ini to Monitors_1920_1920.docking.ini and now he can enjoy the same correct layout regardless whether in single-monitor or dual-monitor mode.

Still need to find out, why another layout had been created. I guess this is done intentionally, because not everyone has configuration with identical monitors, but I would like to have cloning of layout more explicit.
Posted By: Theod Re: Toolbar broken after adding second monitor - 11/02/17 06:31 AM
Hi,

same appears, when you change the resolution or add an third monitor.

Then you'll find an new xyz.toolbar.ini and yxz.docking.ini without your custumizings.

[quote=Theod]Hi,

same appears, when you change the resolution or add an third monitor.

Then you'll find an new xyz.toolbar.ini and yxz.docking.ini without your custumizings.

[/quote]

Ok, now I'm prepared!
© Allround Automations forums