In the latest 64-bit Release the "AutoSelect statement" feature often selects the current statement wrongly, misses some characters of the statement and the statement cannot be executed then due to ORA-900.
This has been occassionally the case in the 32-bit version already too, but I get the impression it happens a lot more frequently in the 64-bit version.
We'll check it out. I don't assume you can reproduce this?
I am having the same kind of problems.

In an SQL window with many selects, PLD suddenly always autoselects a specific statement (marked light blue) and even when you press F8 inside another statement, the marked statement is always executed.

You explicitly have to mark another statement before executing it.

I have also seen the behaviour that Bernhard describes: offset errors. When selecting all (Ctrl-A) and copy into another window, only a part of the text is copied. You have to explicitly mark the text that you want to copy.

When I can reproduce, I will report it. The problem is that it often accurs after maybe 1/2 hour of editing in different windows, so it is not easy to reproduce.
It's not reproducible so far for me in any predictable fashion, but happens annoyingly frequently, sometimes right after opening a larger project, sometimes just after a while of working in such a project.
Once it shows offset errors though the only way to execute statements then is either manually selecting the statements or closing and reopening the affected window so that AutoSelect gets recalibrated and works again, at least for a while.
Hello,
Sometimes, it happens to me also (32bit version), not very often.
D.
I have also seen this happening a couple of times with the x64 version (and no I can not reproduce this on will). This can be seen as something dangerous (e.g. autoselect "decides" to do some update statement instead of the intended select)
We're looking into this.
This misalignment using AutoSelect happens still with the new PSD version 12 as well.
This happens really annoyingly often in v12, a lot more than in v11! cry
I often get this problem right away after opening a project and just editing an SQL window a tiny little bit. Currently there are only the following workaround as far as I'm aware:
  • Close and reopen the current SQL window
  • Manually align and select the current statement before executing.
Both methods are cumbersome and time consuming.
As PL/SQL Developer has such frequent problems with misalignment of statements for AutoSelect there should be at least a manual command with keyboard-shortcut to enforce a quick realignment.
If you have a reproducible scenario, please let me know.
Hi to all,
i'm afraid, but this is issue seems to me as unreproducible:)
I've tried many attempts to describe it step by step - but no success.
Only one hint - it seems to me, that this issue occures when I have an ORDER BY clause in one of statements in sql window...

m.
I had a similar issue, but I found out that my problem was caused by an "invisible" terminator character (introduced by some copy&paste operations).
It appears to be like a space, but it must be something else.

Also if you press CTRL-A (select all) and CTRL-C, the text got only copied until the "terminator".

I have found other reports about this problem in the forum.
We'll add a check for chr(0) characters during a paste operation. Maybe this will prevent the situation.
Hello Marco,

I have prepared and emailed a script to demonstrate the effects/behaviour of the terminator.
The file contains a NULL-terminator(made with an editor, saved as UTF-8) between two statements.

You can observe:

- Autoselect Statement will always execute the first statement regardless of cursor position.

- CTRL-A +CTRL-C will only copy the first statement

- Save As new file + Open new file : contains only first statement

- but you still can manually select/highlight any statement and execute it.

This is a made up example, but I have experienced this behaviour before (and no idea, where it came from, most likely some copy&paste operations).
Workaround from https://forums.allroundautomations.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=56706#Post56706

Ctrl-A
Ctrl-X
Ctrl-V
(it works..)
Thank you for the workaround.
That works.
It is just not always easy to find again where you were before applying the workaround in a long list of statements.
A permanent fix would be appreciated very much!
Hello Marco,
I get this problem with Autoselect being off whenever editing a "SQL Window" file after opening a project.
I have sent you an e-mail with a description and screenshot.
Please get this problem finally fixed once and for good.
ola, boa tarde!

Estou preciso de uma chave para ativar o PL\SQL DEVELOPER ROSE, onde posso consegui?
also, playback problems
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this issue was not present in v.13.
© Allround Automations forums