Exporting my colour settings gives a .ini file containing colours encoded as decimal numbers:

Code
[Colors]
GradientEnabled=True
VerticalGradient=False
DefaultGradient=False
GradientCol1=-16777213
GradientCol2=14858125
NullValueColor=15073279
AltRowColor=15073253
CompareColor=13421823
ErrorBkgCol=65535
ErrorTextCol=255
Is there a formula or link that explains how to convert between these and RGB? I'd like to be able to synchronise my colour scheme with external editors e.g. Vim, or if I have a colour scheme I'm proud of I'd like to be able to publish it in both Vim and PL/SQL Developer formats.
It's a 24 bit integer number in decimal format. The 3 bytes are the RGB values from 0..255.
Thanks. I'm still struggling a bit though. e.g. GradientCol2=14858125, which is E2B78D in hex, but that's nothing like the actual colour which (from eyedropper sampling) is actually 8CB6E1 (140,182,225). And how do the negative numbers work?
To get RGB you need to reverse the bytes.

14858125 is E2B78D which is B=E2, G=B7, R=8D, or RGB:8DB7E2.

I don't know about the negative numbers.
Cool, so it is smile

I might have spotted that myself if my eyedropper tool hadn't given me #8CB6E1 instead of #8DB7E2 (1 digit lower for each value) from the PL/SQL Dev preferences page, even though it is accurate on colour picker websites. Maybe the preferences page displays everything one point darker? (Not that it makes a particularly visible difference.)

As an enhancement request for Marco's famous list, it would be nice to have a better color picker/theme organiser, ideally including the console itself and not just code windows, like the one in IntelliJ for example.
OK, looks like the Excel formula to convert standard Hex RGB to PL/SQL Developer decimal is:

Code
=HEX2DEC(CONCATENATE(MID(G2,5,2), MID(G2,3,2), MID(G2,1,2)))
(where column G contains Hex RGB).

It's a pity PL/SQL Developer doesn't have more highlighting categories though. I've used 'Custom Keywords' for the PL/SQL named exceptions, but there's nothing for Types or Functions.
© Allround Automations forums