Posted By: Werner Kruger PLSQL 8 and Windows 7 Blank Error - 08/22/12 09:47 AM
Hi all

I am using Windows 7 (64 bit), and PLSQL 8.0.3.1510. When trying to log on, I get an error box, but no text in the box. The error header is "(not logged on)". It has an OK button. When I click on OK I get the login screen again. All of my connections are available as specified in the tsnnames.ora file, but when I try to log on to one of them I get the above error.

I am administrator on my machine, I am running PLSQL as administrator, I tried setting the security level for this user account in the control panel to never notify me when changes are made. <This was suggested on another forum by someone>. It made no difference.

I don't know what to do next.

Any advice ?
Posted By: Marco Kalter Re: PLSQL 8 and Windows 7 Blank Error - 08/22/12 09:57 AM
My guess is that you are using an Oracle10g Client or earlier. It is not compatible with Windows 7. You will need to upgrade to a (32 Bit) Oracle11g Client.
Posted By: Werner Kruger Re: PLSQL 8 and Windows 7 Blank Error - 08/22/12 10:21 AM
I am using 10g. I have 11, and will install and try. Thanks for that !
Posted By: Werner Kruger Re: PLSQL 8 and Windows 7 Blank Error - 08/22/12 01:21 PM
OK, installed Oracle11g Client. Still no joy. Exactly the same error. Just a blank error box when I try to log on. I first uninstalled my 10g client, then rebooted the pc. Then installed the 11g client. Rebooted again. Tried to connect.... blank error message.

Anybody ?
Posted By: Marco Kalter Re: PLSQL 8 and Windows 7 Blank Error - 08/23/12 08:54 AM
Can you start PL/SQL Developer without connecting, go to Help > Support Info, and paste the text from the "Info" tab page into an e-mail reply?
Posted By: Balestro Re: PLSQL 8 and Windows 7 Blank Error - 10/23/12 06:01 PM
I'm heaving the same error, but i'm using windows server 2003 enterprise 32bits, and my user isn't an Administrator, he have only full permission on folder that's contain pl/sql. The user can't be administrator. Does anyone know how i can acess without the Blank Error?

Oracle 10g client 32bits
ODAC 11 32bits

Sorry, but my english is very weak.
Posted By: Marco Kalter Re: PLSQL 8 and Windows 7 Blank Error - 10/24/12 09:28 AM
You will need to use an Oracle11g client. The 10g client can indeed lead to this error.
© Allround Automations forums