Dear Developers!

I use this code part in a dll:
try
OCSSession.Connected := False;
OCSSession.Connected := True;
Result := True;
except
end;

The Oracle9 client has been changed to Oracle10, and in case of OCSSession.Connected := True; is in exception, but
the exception.message = ''; :-((
During debug, I
This indicates that the Oracle Client is not properly installed. Please uninstall the Oracle Client and do a fresh new installation.
Yes, we did it but the result is the same. If we return to Client 9 everything is OK. If we install a Client with a greater version the error occurs.

Addition information: after calling OCIEnvCreate(envhp, EnvMode, nil, nil, nil, nil, 0, nil) not only Lastocierror = -1 but envhp = Nil.

Best Regards
Tom
This error:

"The procedure entry point longjmp could not be located in dynamic link library orauts.dll"

clearly indicates a mismatch of Oracle DLL versions.
OK.
And now what can I do?
Any ideas?

Best Regards
Tom
I would uninstall the Oracle client(s), make sure that no more Oracle directories exist, remove any remaining Oracle directories from the PATH environment variable, and reinstall the 11g client. I don't think that the error about the missing function from orauts.dll can occur again after this.
Hi Marco!
Thank you for your answer.
The error occurred again after the reinstallation but we found that another Oracle product (Oracle Connector) uses orauts.dll also. The client finds this one. Although the path was correct, the client found the one of the Oracle Connector.
The solution is the usage of "Instant client" until the Oracle answer...
Tom
© Allround Automations forums