Posted By: brekhof Converting an existing application - 08/10/00 05:45 PM
After some initial tests I would like to start with a conversion of a major app. As it has about 600 TQuery's I'm rather unwilling to recode it all by hand. Is there any tool which assists DOA users in this process?

tia,
Martin
Posted By: Marco Kalter Re: Converting an existing application - 08/14/00 02:30 PM
I'm afraid there is no such tool available. If you want to convert 600 TQuery components, then you have a considerable task ahead of you. Not that it can't be done or that it's terribly difficult, it's just a lot of work.

------------------
Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
Posted By: brekhof Re: Converting an existing application - 08/19/00 03:00 PM
no problem (I guess I knew the answer). Just for my curiosity: why are the methods/properties named so different compared to the BDE?
Posted By: Marco Kalter Re: Converting an existing application - 08/21/00 02:07 PM
This has a historical reason. When we started developing Direct Oracle Access, compatibility with standard VCL components was not important to us. For the TOracleDataSet component (which you can use as a replacement for TTable, TQuery and TStoredProc components if you want), there are not many different properties, methods and events though. Compared to the BDE datasets the most important difference is that it uses Variables instead of Params.

------------------
Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
© Allround Automations forums