I had this working in Delphi 2 w/BDE but I'm attempting to migrate the App to Delphi 5 using a combination of BDE and DOA.

I've got one table that has the following structure in Oracle:

TBLINFOMEMO
-------------------------
INFORMATION_ID CHAR(5)
DESCRIPTIONRAW LONG RAW

Whenever I attempt to grab records from this table using the QueryComponent it fetches one record which is okay. The problem is, when I call Next, it says it's reached the EOF and quits. Other than that problem, anyone want to point me in the right direction on how should I go about converting this table using Delphi 5 and DOA? It's also accessing Oracle 7.3. The database can't be upgraded because they plan on going to SQL Server this winter.

Thanks in advance.

Eric Dye
Are you sure that the query that fetches these records should return more than 1 row? There is really no other interpretation of the Eof property.

------------------
Marco Kalter
Allround Automations
Thanks for the reply, Marco. I know that the query will return more than one record. I'm doing a select * from the tblinfomemo table. Copy and pasting the query from my DOA Query component into SQL*Plus returns all of the rows fine. I'm at a loss here.

Thanks,
Eric Dye
Okay I just checked the table again from SQL*Plus and it's only giving me one record. Looks like it's a user headspace problem (i.e. I'm an idiot) [Linked Image] Sorry for the confusion. If I have anymore problems I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Eric Dye
© Allround Automations forums