What are the valid client versions for DOA into Oracle Server 9.2i and also into Oracle Server 10g?

The problem I am having is this: I have 2 identical databases, both with a test table called T with 4 fields. I can DOA into the table when I have both 10g Client and 10g Server running on the same machine. But I cannot use 10g client with a remove 9.2i machine. The error I get is "ORA-00942 Table or View does not exist", which I have to add is somewhat misleading, since in both cases I clearly have a T table and in both cases I am able to connect to is using queries.

Thanks for any help,

Dean
What is the SQL text when "ORA-00942" occurs?
Its not a SQL statement. Its when I call any of the direct access calls. I can open sessions, select * from tables, etc, its just when I try to use the loader, presumably using the lower level OCI calls internally.
Okay, so it's probably the Direct Path Loader interface in 10g. As a test, can you try to include the owner in TableName property (e.g. SCOTT.EMP instead of just EMP)?
Ok, assuming that's the case, and its the interface in 10g, do you have any recommedations? You do support 10g, according to your product page. Do I need to install 9.2 client to access a 9.2i server? If that's the case, I am not sure that all our clients would be able to do that, or want to do that.

Thanks for any help,

Dean
Did you try my suggested test?
Yes, I tried that, the list comes up with the schema.tablename in the object inspector. It didn't help.

It works fine on a 10g/10g system, I have it running and appending a million records in 10 seconds!

The 10g/10g client/database setup was exported from a 9.2 server, so all permissions are identical.

Do you have this setup running in your test environment?

Thanks

Dean
Yes. We'll do some additional tests and will get back to you.
© Allround Automations forums