Posted By: Busk 64-bit : OracleSession is missing ApplyUpdates - 06/29/14 09:14 AM
I was trying to update to a 64-bit version of my application, but find that the ApplyUpdates method is missing.

I can of course find circumventions for this, but would like to know if it is a necessary omission in DOA, before I change my delphi code.
Are you using C++Builder or Delphi?
Sorry I forgot the details:
delphi XE2, DOA 4.1 XE2
Any information about this ?
Sorry for the delay, we're looking into this.
I'm interested too in 64-bit compilation, my applications use a lot of ApplyUpdtes/CancelUpdates methods.
When it will be fixed?
Thanks
Any news on this?
I am using XE6 and found these missing too.

Kind Regards Ruud
We're looking into this.
No solution yet?
Hello Marco,
Do we have to stop hoping about a solution?
It is strange that in a few cases the support stopped answering...

I think that answer like "you do not have a service contract, we will not fix the bug" is better than silence...
Our company is registered user of DOA for many years.
At this point we have to decide should we keep using DOA or we would have to switch our project to FireDAC. x64 platform compilation support is a must today. We can't keep using DOA, because ApplyUpdates method is not available for x64.
Please inform us about your plan.

Thanks.
...same opinion...
Hi Marco,
about this topic I've tried to use ApplyUpdates and CancelUpdates directly on TOracleDataset class, instead TOracleSession.

It seems working, so I have 2 questions:
- is it a right way? So, i can use them instead TOracleSession's methods?
- if yes, is there any documentation on TOracleDataset.ApplyUpdates()? I didn't find nothing other than compilator hint;

Finally I return to ask if it will be impossible to have these methods on TOracleSession.

Thanks
Now that the PL/SQL Developer has arrived in a 64-bit version, I assume that Allround Automations have a 64-bit version of DOA for internal development use that can do ApplyUpdates, og at least found a way to circumvent the missing method in Session. But I might be wrong ;-(

Can we hope for some kind of solution for this problem or is it still a low priority?
© Allround Automations forums