PL/SQL Developer Jump to new posts
Re: Code Assistant Sorting allbees 03/18/24 07:02 PM
Yes, thank you. I knew it was silly.
2 47 Read More
Direct Oracle Access Jump to new posts
Re: Oracle 19, String vs WideString Valgar 03/18/24 02:32 PM
Well,

Thank you for a quick reply, as always.

(1) I guess I should have explained that I *did* think of changing to TWideStringFields, but 430 queries in 69 forms are not something I will do in 2-3 hours, especially as there does not seem to be any logic in the change of size.
(2) I see no Oracle NoUnicodeSupport option in properties, how would I set that?
(3) Huge and multiple databases for a multi national company with number of distributed applications - I am not going to ask them to modify their policy and downgrade all other applications.

I guess I was also a bit too optimistic, as we did a similar upgrade for another client over a year ago - that client uses Devart's Oracle components, and worked without any modifications to code - so I told my client I expected this change to go smoothly...

Any other ideas? Or more information on (2)?
2 38 Read More
Query Reporter Jump to new posts
encrypted report created by plsqldev not login David Kotter 03/18/24 12:14 PM
Hello,

I'm creating an encrypted query report with plsqldev 15.04 64 bit (on windows 11).

When trying to use it on user PC with QueryReporter3.4 it will not login automatically, Although, when the password provided it is running OK.

If I initially creating it by QueryReporter3.4, then it automatically login and runs OK.

is that can be solved.

Thanks in advance.
David
0 4 Read More
Re: Code Assistant Sorting Marco Kalter 03/18/24 11:14 AM
At the bottom left of the code assistant you have a little Sort/Restore button (v). This button is persistent.
2 47 Read More
Re: Oracle 19, String vs WideString Marco Kalter 03/18/24 11:09 AM
For Unicode UTF8 databases you will get TWideStringFields. If you previously used a single-byte character database, and if ForceWideStringFields was disabled, you will get TStringFields. To solve this you can:

• Change all fields to TWideStringFields. Now you datasets are Unciode compatible.
  • Set Oracle.NoUnicodeSupport to True at run-time in your application before making a connection. Now the database character set will be converted to the client character set of the NLS_LANG variable, which you can force to a single-byte character set.
  • Recreate the Oracle19 database with a single-byte character set.
2 38 Read More
Code Assistant Sorting allbees 03/15/24 08:22 PM
Sorry if this is a silly question, but my code assistant is suddenly sorting alpha order and not in field number order. I can't seem to figure out how to fix it.

Thanks
2 47 Read More
Oracle 19, String vs WideString Valgar 03/15/24 12:19 PM
A client is planning to move to Oracle 19 - first testing deliver errors on strings -
Type mismatch for field 'HEITI', expecting: String actual: WideString
As far as I can tell, this occurs when components have fields added, removing the field in question and adding back solves the problem.
This may be related to change of character set...
This particular field is defined as varchar2(50), in the older version a field of type string of size 50 was created, if I delete the field, I get a new one of type widestring and size 2000
I have tried option, forcewidestringfields, but no difference.
Any way I can solve this without manually delete and get all fields?
2 38 Read More
Re: Crashing all the time Marco Kalter 03/15/24 10:18 AM
That does not seem right. When this happens again, can you send the plsqldev.elf file to support@allroundautomations.com and refer to this forum topic? Maybe we can find a solution.
1 58 Read More
Crashing all the time Randomized J 03/14/24 08:12 PM
Is there any chance that stability and speed are going to be a key thing being looked at in future development?

PLSQL Developer crashs ALL the time, multiple times a day. If there is more than 1 sql window open and openting the schema list on the objects browser it sometimes crashes. Resizing crashes. Just loading up a previous days workset sometimes crashes. Its almost unbareable how much the application crashes. And it isn't just me, everyone I work with has this isue with PLSQL Developer.

For the most part people just put up with it, b/c it is a superior product when working with plsql. But, multiple crashes every day is crazy for a product.
1 58 Read More
Re: tabs converted to 2 spaces when pasting text in CLOB Large Data Editor Fabio Belli 03/14/24 03:16 PM
Found the solution: in the Options -> User interface -> Editor:
- uncheck "Smart Tab"
AND
- check "Use tab character"
1 45 Read More
tabs converted to 2 spaces when pasting text in CLOB Large Data Editor Fabio Belli 03/14/24 03:03 PM
I'm using PL/SQL Developer Version 15.0.4.2064 (32 bit)

I have a table with a CLOB column.
When I paste text containing TABS characters, the pasted text has two spaces instead of the tab character.
In other words, each TAB character (ASCII #9) is converted to two spaces (ASCII 32).

Try this example:
- open a new file in a text editor, like Notepad++, and write the text:
1234[tab]5678
([tab] = the tab character)
- copy the above text (nine characters)
- open PL/SQL Developer, edit a CLOB field using the Large Data Editor, Text mode
- paste
You will see 1234[space][space]5678
Double check with the Hex mode. You'll see 2020 instead of 09.

This is a serious issue (unless there's already an option to avoid it), because we need text to be placed exactly as it is.

Thank you.
1 45 Read More
Re: Beautifier rules / Auto Replace tips Marco Kalter 03/14/24 10:33 AM
The Special Case option of the PL/SQL Beautifier works, but not dynamically when you are typing. You will need to explicitly invoke the PL/SQL Beautifier.

The AutoReplace option also works, but only if you type a space, tab, enter, ( or . after the word. So if you type "where clientid=10", it will not be replaced. We'll enhance this for the next version.
1 69 Read More
Beautifier rules / Auto Replace tips Vio 03/13/24 09:58 AM
Hi all,

I need something like this, for a defined couple of words, after I write the word, the case to be changed in the following way:
Example:
clientid => ClientID
fullpersonname => FullPersonName
I tried with Beautified - Use Special Case, also with Editor - AutoReplace, didn't worked... Strange, when I tried with AutoReplace file the case changed for a second into ClientID, but immediately after that changed back to clientid...
I can add here my settings print screen, if needed.
Some example of configuration will be appreciated.
Thank you!
1 69 Read More
Re: DOA - Delphi errors with Oracle 21 Marco Kalter 03/13/24 09:56 AM
We'll update the system requirements!

Oracle 21c and 23c are supported by 4.1.4, which is indeed a stable version. All RAD Studio versions up to version 12 are supported, including 10.1.
3 79 Read More
Re: DOA - Delphi errors with Oracle 21 altink 03/12/24 09:19 PM
Thank You Mr. Kalter

Is DOA 4.1.4 a stable version?

Asking because on product page
https://www.allroundautomations.com/products/direct-oracle-access/

... under "System requirements", I read:
"The supported Oracle Server versions are 7.x, 8.x, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c, 18c and 19c on any platform."

No mention of Oracle 21.

And also:
"Direct Oracle Access is available for all recent versions of Delphi"

Is Delphi 10.1 Berlin supported?

best regards
Altin
3 79 Read More
Re: DOA - Delphi errors with Oracle 21 Marco Kalter 03/12/24 10:17 AM
Both errors have the same cause. You will need to update to Direct Oracle Access 4.1.4 for Oracle21c compatibility.
3 79 Read More