Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
PL/SQL Developer Jump to new posts
Re: Empty ACTION in v$session Marco Kalter 04/16/24 08:37 AM
Could it be that your Oracle user has a synonym, a view, or a table with the name V$SESSION? This would explain the different results when querying the sys.v_$session view.
1 15 Read More
Empty ACTION in v$session DoctorWho 04/16/24 05:37 AM
Hello everyone,

I ran into a problem when I tried to do:
SELECT * FROM v$session . I get an empty value for the action field, although in fact it is not empty and ACTION HASH is not null.

If I try:
SELECT * FROM sys.v_$session, then everything is displayed correctly.

I noticed that when selecting from v$session, the 'ACTION' field type is varchar2, and when selecting from sys.v_$session type of ACTION field is varchar2(64).

Have anyone encountered this problem? I've already tried changing nls_lang, but it didn't work. The problem does not occur in TOAD.

Using PL/SQL 15.0.4.2064 64 bit,
Character size: 4 byte(s)
CharSetID: 873
NCharSetID: 2000
Unicode Support: True
NLS_LANG: AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8
NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET: AL16UTF16
NLS_CHARACTERSET: AL32UTF8

Sorry for bad english.
1 15 Read More
Re: How to save only package body ? Marco Kalter 04/15/24 09:37 AM
The complete Program Window will be saved, including the package specification and body if both are present in the Program Window. There are 2 solutions:

• Open the package body and specification in separate Program Windows.
  • Install the "Save separate" Plug-In from the BAR Solutions web site.
1 29 Read More
How to save only package body ? mrogel 04/15/24 09:19 AM
Hi,

how do I only save a package body in PL/SQL-Developer ?
For me, it always saves the whole package (header and body) even when I use "Save as type: Package bodies (*.pkb)"

Thanks !
1 29 Read More
Re: large DATA Editor - unwanted Tranformation 0D to 0DA in Version 14 and 15 D.Wenzel 04/12/24 12:38 PM
Thanks for the tip Fabrice, I have passed it on to my colleagues.

Have a nice weekend everyone
(too many configuration options are the death of the hare)
2 63 Read More
Re: large DATA Editor - unwanted Tranformation 0D to 0DA in Version 14 and 15 fabrice 04/12/24 08:53 AM
In v14, you have in options \ windows types \SQL windows, use LF as CRLF from database.
Perhaps..
2 63 Read More
large DATA Editor - unwanted Tranformation 0D to 0DA in Version 14 and 15 D.Wenzel 04/12/24 07:56 AM
Servus Marcus,

SQL Query
select bla, dump(bla) from (select cast('1'||chr(13)||'2' as varchar2(4000)) bla from dual)

bytes - if open the Larg DATA Editor a unwanted, additional CHR(10) 0Ah is added.

Is the a Preference to avoid this?

Ahoi Daniel

... who is proud to have been using PLSQL-Developer for years
2 63 Read More
Re: Workset improvement with multiple PSD Cartaz 04/11/24 11:39 AM
Thanks for the reply. I will try that.
And i realised that i can close a workset before closing the PL/SQL Developer. This also prevents "loading last workset" (and probably problem #1).
2 112 Read More
Re: Workset improvement with multiple PSD Marco Kalter 04/11/24 08:42 AM
We'll enhance this for the next release.

Note that you might be able to prevent problem #1 by using different PL/SQL Developer shortcuts for different projects/databases. For each shortcut you can use the workset parameter to open a specific workset. For example:

"C:\Program Files\PLSQL Developer\plsqldev.exe" workset="Project ABC"
2 112 Read More
Workset improvement with multiple PSD Cartaz 04/10/24 11:55 AM
Hi,

i am working with PSD 15.0.4 and i like working with worksets.
As i work with multiple databases and projects, i usually have more than one PSD open (with different worksets).
When i close PSD with a loaded workset and open a new PSD, it wants to load the last closed workset.

This seems to be fine when i boot up windows and open the first PSD but for any additional PSD it should be optional.

Therfore i expirienced the following side effects:
- I get an error message "Error reading file!" when i open a new PSD task, after i deleted the workset which i last worked with (project finished, workset not needed anymore etc.).
- When the database for this workset is not reachable, i get an error message (TNS no listener ...) 3 times for every entry in the window list for this workset! (or i force close the PSD task)

Or ist even possible to prevent this behavior with the actual version?

vg Cartaz
2 112 Read More
Re: Version 14 Download Marco Kalter 04/10/24 08:12 AM
The download location is mentioned in your original license e-mail. If you don't have it, please send an e-mail to support@allroundautomations.com with your license serial number for the registered download page.
1 98 Read More
Version 14 Download Orlando Dias 04/09/24 06:35 PM
Where can I download 14 version?
1 98 Read More